At around ten this morning a plow finally came down my street. Didn't do a particularly good job, but at least it was a start. Then at some point in the mid-afternoon, I believe they plowed again. I say "believe" because at that time I was in another room that does not have a view of the street; but I did recognize the familiar sound of heavy equipment rumbling down my block.

But, how many neighborhoods still have not been touched? When our Mayor Scumberg said at a press conference yesterday, "We can't do everything all at once," I just shook my head. Unbelievable. Later, one of the local newscasts did mention what DC said in an earlier post: that there were rumors that this was an intentional slowdown by the Sanitation Dept. - and of course, the head of that department (I think his name is Dougherty?) "vehemently denied" the allegations.

To tell the truth, I was no fan of former mayor Rudy Giuliani (to put it mildly). But I think there's no way in hell that he would have let this happen. All I hear now is that there will be some sort of "investigation" into all this BS starting on January 10. I can see this one coming a mile away: An "investigation" in name only, where there are lots of lips flapping and accusations flying, but nothing will get done and no heads will roll. Business As Usual.

Oh, and I caught part of a news headline a little while ago where the head of NYC's Office of Emergency Management reportedly said that there was nothing wrong with the city's response to the blizzard.

Are they serious??

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."