Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
...But when I keep hearing our illustrious mayor saying that the city is fully operational and that the streets are clear...

He's probably referring more to Manhattan than the Borough's.

New York City has five boroughs. Manhattan is only one of them.

Thank you SC. It's exactly the point I was trying to bring out! FIVE .....5......Boroughs! Not just Manhattan.

Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
Originally Posted By: Don Cardi
...Look, I understand that the city got pummeled and that it takes time in a blizzard of this magnitude for the snow plows to get to the side streets.

Really? Then why all the complaining (from EVERYBODY) only 2 days out from the storm?

Why all the complaining? Because when the so called leader of the city goes on every major news station and tells the people, within 24 hours of a major blizzard, that everything is running close to normal and that people should come to Manhattan and take in a play, it's an outrage! Had the man went on television and said that he understands that the outer boroughs( you know, the other 4 that SC had to make you aware of wink ) of Manhattan have been buried, to please be patient, and that as the mayor he is trying to coordinate a cleanup effort to the best of his ability, then there wouldn't have been as much outrage by the people as there is right now.

For GOD's sake Apple, this dumb ass bastard is telling people to come to Manhattan to take in a play when in reality a massive amount of people from the other 4 boroughs haven't been able to get out to get to work to make a buck! People are losing money every day because the ball was dropped by the mayor and many of the leaders of this city starting with the cutbacks that were made to the sanitation department going into this winter.

Can't make it to Manhattan to earn a living because of being snowed in after 3 days, but hey, I'll try to get there to take in a play. rolleyes

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.