That photo posted above could also just as easily be my street. (Except for a little bit more foot traffic down the middle of the road.)

For the first time in my memory - and I've lived in this neighborhood a long time - the Sanitation Dept. really screwed up and left many major neighborhoods in Brooklyn untouched by their plows. Usually by this time, the city plows would have been down the side streets at least once, possibly twice. Not this year. Even emergency vehicles could not get down my block. It's simply impassable to any and all traffic.

Earlier this afternoon, around 12:30 (IIRC), one of the TV newscasts had a telephone interview with our weasely Borough President Marty Markowitz. When pressed by the newscaster as to whether the 400 workers laid off from the Dept. of Sanitation (thanks to Mayor Bloomberg) could have had anything whatsoever to do with why so many Brooklyn neighborhoods had not yet seen a snow plow, Markowitz kept stammering "I don't know! I don't know! You'll have to ask the Mayor! He'll sort everything out! He'll answer that question!"

Yeah, ask The Great Oz. The Wizard knows... rolleyes

Meanwhile, the wind howls outside, the cat howls inside, but at least we have electricity and enough food to last for a few days.

Guess it could be a lot worse.

Signor V.

"For me, there's only my wife..."

"Sure I cook with wine - sometimes I even add it to the food!"

"When life itself seems lunatic, who knows where madness lies?"

"It was a grass harp... And we listened."

"Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it? Every, every minute?"

"No. Saints and poets, maybe... they do some."