Frozen

I didn't recognize any of the actors in this nifty little horror film and it was just as well because I wasn't tied down by any expectations. The premise is pretty simple. Three college age students (boyfriend/girlfriend and a second guy (best friend of the first guy) decide to go skiing together, despite the second fellow's resentment at the fact that the girlfriend is monopolizing more and more of his friend's time.

Through a combination of stupidity and honest mistakes the trio get stranded in a ski lift between 50-100 feet off the ground when the ski resort closes down. As this was the last day before a holiday no one will be back for at least four days. And they can't call for help as their cell phones are back in their lockers.

So the temperature is dropping dangerously, storms are coming in, and they must decide whether they want to try to wait it out and risk frostbite/gangrene, jump down or try to climb down hand over hand icy cables in the dark. And there just happens to be a pack of wolves in the area that are attracted to their cries for help.

Even though this movie had a low budget and limited area of action I liked it quite a bit. It certainly didn't LOOK low budget. It felt like something that really could happen. The acting was pretty good.

Last edited by Lilo; 12/27/10 09:30 AM.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.