Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
He'd be crazy if he did, afs. In my opinion, he's having his best two weeks as President. He's finally selling himself as a centrist, so to comment on this (either way) would not be in his best interest. That's politics.

Not just that, but let's use a classic example from 1970:

The aftermath, according to http://law.jrank.org :

Nixon's remarks were meant to criticize what he perceived as a tendency of the media to glorify criminals, and the White House quickly issued a statement denying any intent to prejudice the case. Nevertheless, Manson's defense, arguing that such a statement by the president made a fair trial impossible, motioned for a mistrial and demanded that the charges against him be dropped. Judge Older denied the motion.

The next day in court, Manson stood and displayed a newspaper with the headline, "Manson Guilty, Nixon Declares." Judge Older questioned the jurors about their reaction to the headline. Satisfied that they would remain impartial, he ordered the trial to resume and sentenced Atkins' attorney, Daye Shinn, to three nights in jail for leaving the newspaper within Manson's reach.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/3202/Charles-...l#ixzz18jE9j3wJ

Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Besides, that's wha lol t he has that idiot Biden for.

Not everybody gets to be called a high-tech terrorist (i.e. doesn't shit in a cave) by the Vice-President on National TV.

OMG, I remember seeing that Nixon/Manson on the news. eek Quite the story. No matter how Nixon meant it though, he SHOULD have known better I would think.

As far as Biden, I actually don't mind the guy, but yea, he probably needs a muzzle from time to time. After all, words that come out of his mouth could end up being a "big F***ing deal." lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 12/21/10 11:16 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon