Originally Posted By: GerryLang
Did Castellano do any real time in prison during his life? I read Boss of Bosses years ago, I don't remember much of it, the parts of it still with me are about Paul and his maid Gloria, and him getting the penis pump. I thought it was distasteful the FBI even brought that kind of stuff up, it had nothing to do with Paul Castellano boss of the Gambino family. You ever notice the media tends to paint Gotti's time as boss as extremely murderous, but in reality there were loads more killings under Big Paul's reign. I think Paul had his daughters boyfriend killed for saying he looks like Frank Perdue, think Joe Massino had a part in it. Then he had his son inlaw killed for abusing his daughter.

Paul did a few months in jail as a teenger for a robbery but he didn't cooperate so that earning him respect. he also did some time after the Apalachin meeting. He was caught fleeing a spent like a year or two in jail. I agree with you about Paul's reign. Despite some peoplen claiming he didn't like violence he ordered countless murders. Even John Gotti who is known as a murderous tough guy didn't come close to the amount of murders during Paul's reign.