Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
If Manning is convicted, I am sure he will be punished, but I think execution, at this point anyway, is a bit extreme.

Assange yesterday, said never spoke with, or contacted Manning. Then how did he get the info??? Right now, to my knowledge, the only accusation against Assange is the rape charge.

Also, what IF it comes down to "freedom of press" issues? Just as one's "right to bear arms".....Good luck with prosecuting that. We'll see when all the facts come out.

smile

TIS

I believe the whole operation of sending secret documents to wikileaks is done anonymously. Actually it is their job to make sure the source's identity is not revealed and their system is set up to insure it, otherwise who in his right mind would send them any documents of that nature?

But then their credibility is not that much, since you've documents that cannot be traced. For instance, some of what they've revealed form Iran sounds quite silly. Some we already knew. Some are just rumors that can't be either proved or debunked. In one report there's actually a number of votes for each candidate. In one it is claimed they didn't even count any, which sounds more accurate, but who can prove either of these without a source?

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones