Originally posted by Goodfella 69:
ETERNITY means FOREVER...think about that real long and hard
This is off topic, but...

Hey G - I have, many times during my life. And always wondered if that was true. I mean, if a person lives 65 years, 90 years, or 90 seconds, is that really enough time for us to demonstrate ourselves? Can such a tiny amount of time (out of eternity) be used to judge us, and be rewarded or punished for eternity? To me, that's like getting up to the plate in baseball, and you're only thrown one pitch, and if you miss it, you're going to hell, and if you get a base hit, you're going to heaven. On one pitch.

I believe in reincarnation, and believe that a soul has many opportunities throughout many lifetimes to learn from previous mistakes. I know this isn't taugh in Christianity, but I've heard that it used to be part of the belief (and that they've even found text on it in the vatican), but regardless, I believe it. It surely makes more sense to me.

A murderer is this life, may have someone close to him murdered in the next, which would be a punishment and also a learning experience. For the soul, not the person.

A good person in a previous life may have a really good next life.

Why the heck not? Sure makes more sense then a fetus who's died at birth being judged without having lived a lifetime.

But don't confuse this with the bullshit "I was Napolean" crap. Everyone seems to believe they were someone famous in a past life. Maybe a handful have, but c'mon, most people weren't.

Just more rambling b.s. to consider... and of course, off topic.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations