Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
Do I think that calling Sonny a psychopath is a bit much? No, because he was one. Psychopaths are likable and charming. They do, however, lack empathy or guilt. They often act in a reckless and irresponsible manner, sometimes just for the fun of it. Who was banging a bridesmaid at his sister's wedding in front of his wife, his children, the entire family? That's not someone who indulges in high-risk behavior for fun?

Psychopaths are violent by nature, they act impulsively, they are short-tempered. They refuse to accept the consequences of their actions, often blaming others (Pop had Genco; look what I got). The don't learn from their mistakes (just as Sonny never learned to curb his temper), they don't benefit from negative feedback and they can't stop their impulses.

Your point is well taken SB. And I don't totally disagree with you about some of the acts that Sonny made as being those of a psychopath. Yes he was impulsive, unstable at times and violent. Psychopaths are also known to be extremely anti social and guiltless of their actions. Sonny showed guilt on several occasions after impulsively lashing out, etc. But I'll admit that an argument can be made on both sides regarding his feelings of guilt.

However Sonny was in no way anti-social by any means and in that alone I find it hard to categorize Sonny as a total psychopath.

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.