Originally Posted By: Ice
Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Originally Posted By: Ice
Marc, we're bigger than U.S. Steel -Reed Hastings
Netflix growth dwarfs U.S. Steel Giants'

I think that stock and that company is a walking dead man. There's nothing proprietary about their systems and they won't be able to maneuver through the privately owned internetz like they did the postal service. If you look at their sheet they recently spent a billion dollars but only made about 150 mil in the past 3 quarters.

In short, with all of the streaming that goes on today I'd say Netflix could be a year away from getting blockbustered out of business themselves.

Read 'em and weep:

Netflix, Three Others to Join S&P 500 on Dec. 17
Friday, 10 December 2010

Four companies will join the benchmark S&P 500 index after the closing bell on Dec. 17, S&P said in a statement on Thursday. NETFLIX JOINS PARTY as its shares have returned 250 percent this year. The New York Times Co., F5 Networks, Office Depot Inc. and Eastman Kodak Co. were dropped from the 500.

Source: The Associated Press

Those of us who've been selling this one short for the past weeks are taking a hurting. I have to admit I'm still skeptical though because I don't think they have much room to grow in terms of customers.

This is a great board to pose such a question: Has Netflix maxed out their customer base, you think, or do they have evem more room to grow??