Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: olivant
In the last episode, the women who was performing near the end of the episode: wasn't she also in the last entry in the Rocky series?

The woman telling the jokes and singing was supposed to be Sophie Tucker, a wonderful performer of the the times. Bette Midler does a great imitation of her (and often speaks about how funny Tucker was). I don't know the actress who portrayed her.

That's who that was???I remember Sophie Tucker. eek I knew it was somebody I had heard of, but all I could think of was Mae West, and this woman didn't come across like Mae West.

I've missed some episodes so I too have been catching up. Van Alden is acting kind of strange. I suppose he could be switching sides. He seems crazy though. Jimmy seems more and more heartless to me. A surprise that his mother was only 13 when she had him. eek

I can't believe the season finale is already next week. The HBO series are always way too short. To be honest, I am kind of losing interest in the series. I don't know, but aside from the beautiful background of the 20's, I find too many stories and too many characters. ohwell

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon