I have been deep frying turkeys for about 6 years now and have never had a problem. Common sense goes along way to preparing it properly and safely

I would recommend a fryer that has a pot to place in the fryer (not the kind that has a hanger for the bird)

It takes about 60 minutes for the oil to heat up and about 3-4 minutes per pound to cook. Use a smaller bird (no more than 12 pounds). There are lots of good sauces to inject the bird on the market or you can create your own. I cook 3 turkeys in less than three hours. They are so moist it almost falls off the bone. Make sure when injecting to use as few holes as possible and moved the (needle) up and down to get an even injection. It is pretty cool to watch the bird plop up when injecting
I saw someone ask about the wings - I have never had a problem with the wings burning. I also make sure to inject them as well

Getting hungry as I peck away on the iPhone - me thinks I need a turkey sandwich. Of course my sandwich looks like Dagwwood's as I put turkey mashed potatos stuffing cranberry sauce and drizzle it with gravy

Hope everyones Thanksgiving was special. Mine certainly was more so this year as I had a scare last week with a few days in the hospital