Originally Posted By: Mignon
Once these people we elect get to Washington they become corrupt. I wish to God the voting public could vote on term limits for all those MF's SOB's. I mean the President has term limits.

Another thing the voting public should be the ones to vote them a raise or not.

I hear you Miggie, and I agree something has to be done. The problem with term limits for congress is that it takes a couple of years to lern the ropes, and in truth Congress is really run by a small number of people who are relatively senior. If you have term limits, then what would happen is the effective people in congress would be continully forced out of power, and this would leave a huge vacuum that would be filled by bureaucrats who have lifetime tenure and lobbyists. I am sure we can all agree that
nobody wants those two groups to have more power than they already have. One possibility I have thought about regarding all office hlders, including judges is that after a certain period, say 8 years, they are required to leave office and go to work in the real world....not as lobbyists not as government employees and not as electd officials in any capacity whatsover. This could create an atmophere in which the elected officials have more contact with reality than they do, and if after some period, say 3 years, they want to get back into office, they can run. This would give voters a chance to look at their records, and if they were deserving they would win their elections.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."