Van Alden's got needs too...

I would have thought that someone as sharp as Lucky might have mentioned to Rothstein, Lanksy and the D'Allessio's that "Hey, I almost got taken for a ride by Jimmy and I might have let slip that we were the ones behind the recent moves in Atlantic City". Of course Lucky wouldn't have cared about the D'Allessio's being in a bad spot but it certainly complicated things for Lanksy and Rothstein.

Funny how Jimmy went from kind and cuddly to cold rage in just under 3 seconds. Did anyone ever see the movie "Layercake". There's a shot in that movie where a character delivers a righteous beating to someone, which is framed POV JUST like the beginning of the Jimmy-photographer scene.

Van Alden can't admit to himself that he wants some of Margaret's hokey pokey so he has to frame it in terms of "saving her". Of course women in need of "saving" probably excite him which would make the Lucy hookup quite logical in its way.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.