I don't care for Drew Sharp that much. Too negative. But he's right on this.

Break Them Up

This was ugly Wednesday night.

There was as much Lakers gold in the Palace as there was Pistons red, blue and white. But the ultimate indignity came when an increasingly sparse crowd serenaded Kobe Bryant with the "MVP" chant as he shot free throws in the third quarter.

"I'm not going to lie to you," Pistons coach John Kuester said, "I'm disappointed."

How about humiliated?

It wasn't so long ago that the Lakers' annual visit to Auburn Hills was a measuring stick as to where the Pistons ranked among the league elite. But Bryant was already icing his knees for the night when the fourth quarter rolled around, telling you all you needed to know about the game's outcome.

The Lakers took pity on the Pistons, winning by 13 (103-90), but it could easily have been by 30.

A good day for the Pistons isn't measured in the number of wins but rather the number of players still talking to the coach...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.