Thank you for the welcome.

There really is a world of difference between mafioso in US and Italy. In Sicily, they are everywhere, yet you don't even know it. They are average people. You don't see the big fancy houses and cars and $3,000 suits, or whatever. It's not about the money, but the respect.
You hear, I'm sure, about how long they stay on the lam,and in the meantime, they live in catacombs and holes under the house, etc. They have the respect and the honor and that's what it's about.
And when they are found, eventually, they are in, or very near their own town. To leave their country is weak. They are very territorial in Italy. When they leave, they lose command and respect of their family.

Anyway, I've yet to even see a stripper or a strip club in all my years going to sicily. There are whores, though, like anywhere else and you'd be hardpressed to find and marry a virgin anymore, like in the old days. lol

My husband comes from Porto Empedocle, Agrigento and that has been called the most backward and mob-infested province in Sicily. Sicily, overall is beautiful and I know that island like the back of my hand.
He also has relatives in Palermo, which you mentioned, Mark. So, we go there too. Palermo, being the capitol of Sicily, is more modern and really beautiful. Cefalu is wonderful to visit. If you could ever get there, I would recommend.

Sorry, if this is too off topic. I could type forever on this. lol

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.