GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (U talkin' da me ??, 1 invisible), 677 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,796
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,357
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,528
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,417
Posts1,060,582
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 59 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 58 59
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: BAM_233] #584261
10/26/10 02:34 PM
10/26/10 02:34 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Not news, but my neck of the woods. Here's a short (2 minute) video from my beloved neighborhood, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn:

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: The Italian Stallionette] #584425
10/28/10 02:04 PM
10/28/10 02:04 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
...During the last Presidential election the news posted a picture of the Governor's house. There was a sign supporting Obama on one side and McCain on the other....

I suppose one side of the house was under Arnold's control and the other Maria's!

Anyway...Arnold made a legitimate try at straightening up CA. I think the very people who elected him then turned right around and defeated him on that special election that had to do with teacher's pay. I forget the details but they turned against him big time, and that measure alone would've saved the State millions. I think he lost some of his passion after that.

This year, if CA chooses to elect Brown and re-elect Boxer, it truly deserves what it gets. Schwarzzeneger will go back to making movies and do just fine.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #584427
10/28/10 02:07 PM
10/28/10 02:07 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Originally Posted By: SC
Not news, but my neck of the woods. Here's a short (2 minute) video from my beloved neighborhood, Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn:

Very cool. You can get a bus to Manhattan there. smile

Or did that say Manhattan beach?

Last edited by Beth E; 10/28/10 02:09 PM.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Beth E] #584429
10/28/10 02:59 PM
10/28/10 02:59 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The bus in the video goes to Manhattan Beach, but you can get a bus to Manhattan, as well as the subway.

The street that the bus is on was the set for "Glengarry Glen Ross", one of the best dramas ever filmed. I was coming home from work one night, getting off the subway only to find the street cordoned off by police (for the movie filming). There, about 100 feet away was Al Pacino walking in the street!

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #584430
10/28/10 03:00 PM
10/28/10 03:00 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Ricky Romo? I've never seen that movie yet. Guess Comcast needs to put it on the On Demand list. haha.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Beth E] #584432
10/28/10 03:06 PM
10/28/10 03:06 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
It's a GREAT movie.... I see a stocking stuffer in your future.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #584433
10/28/10 03:08 PM
10/28/10 03:08 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Stocking stuffer? That has so many meanings.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Beth E] #584434
10/28/10 03:12 PM
10/28/10 03:12 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Ooooh, you fresh girl.

What time can I be at your place tonight?

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #584436
10/28/10 03:14 PM
10/28/10 03:14 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

However long it takes to swing by and get a L&B square and Nathan's dog.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Beth E] #584437
10/28/10 03:15 PM
10/28/10 03:15 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
I knew it.... I knew it.

You just want me for my food. cry

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #584438
10/28/10 03:21 PM
10/28/10 03:21 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Your food? Ok, this is a PG site....I'll keep my comments to myself.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Beth E] #584536
10/30/10 07:03 AM
10/30/10 07:03 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Hey, hey, hey!!!! Break that stuff up. Take it to PM.. lol smile

But Beth if you have never seen Glengarry Glen Ross, SC is 100% right. Great movie. All Star cast. Baldwin should have got an Oscar for what was essentially a cameo.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #584537
10/30/10 08:59 AM
10/30/10 08:59 AM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Just PM? Well it's AM, so I guess it's ok then. haha.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Beth E] #584943
11/04/10 04:07 PM
11/04/10 04:07 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
OK, this ain't from my neck of the woods (thankfully) but it's worth a look:

Woman demands sexual favors from husband and his friend at knife point.

By Chris Stephens
Jackson Newspapers

Fairplain, W.Va. — An unwanted sexual advance landed a Ripley woman in jail after she allegedly brandished a knife to get her “request” met.

Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputy R. Mellinger responded to a possible domestic dispute at the I-77 Motor Inn near Fairplain last Friday. Upon arriving, Mellinger met Danny R. William, James A. Watson and Melissa L. Williams; Danny and Melissa are estranged spouses who live four doors down from each other within the I-77 Motor Inn.

Mellinger stated he observed Melissa to be naked from the waist down, sitting in a living room chair, inside Danny’s apartment.
According to the complaint, Danny and Watson told Mellinger that Melissa came to the apartment intoxicated, asked each of them to perform a sexual act on her and took off her pants and underwear, which Mellinger observed lying on the floor at her feet.

Danny stated that he declined the invitation, however, Watson agreed he would perform at her request. The complaint states that as Watson approached Melissa, he became overwhelmed by horrible vaginal odor and declined to precede any further.

It was at this point Melissa allegedly produced a lock-back folding knife, pointed it at Danny and stated, “somebody is going to [perform a sexual act on me] or I’m going to cut your [expletive] throat.”

According to Mellinger, there was a small black handled lock-back knife lying on the coffee table in front of Melissa but when asked about the knife she stated “It was already here”; he also stated that all subjects appeared to be intoxicated and smelled badly of an alcoholic beverage.

Melissa Williams, 42, of Ripley was charged with domestic assault and brandishing; her bond was set at $3,000

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #585063
11/05/10 10:47 PM
11/05/10 10:47 PM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Only in West Virginny, or Arkansas, or Miz-or-ree, or South Carolynah....."horrible vaginal odor".....lovely image. sick

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #585079
11/06/10 06:28 AM
11/06/10 06:28 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
It's her life and her business but I would bet almost anything this must be weight related. She's got to be pushing 325# easy. That much weight isn't good for anyone.

Queen of Soul cancels concerts

Aretha Franklin's decision to postpone all professional activity for the next six months has some worried about the state of the Queen of Soul's health.

Among the casualties of Franklin's announcement, which was spurred by doctor's orders, was a planned Dec. 9 Christmas concert at Detroit's Fox Theatre. The concert, which was to feature former Temptations lead singer Dennis Edwards, was announced just last week.

"I'm not upset about the cancellation; I'm more concerned about her health," Edwards said Friday. He said he had tried to get in touch with Franklin but couldn't because she had recently changed her phone numbers, which he said she does often.

"We go back 40-50 years, from the early Motown days and growing up in Detroit," he said. "She's a personal friend of mine, and her health is more important to me than the show."

Up in the air is Franklin's involvement in the Thanksgiving activities at Detroit's New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church, once pastored by her father, the late Rev. C.L. Franklin. The church is hosting a Thanksgiving dinner billed as "Aretha's Thanksgiving Gospel Feast," but the Rev. Robert Smith, the current pastor, said by e-mail Friday that he wasn't sure whether Franklin would attend. There has been "no word from her," Smith said.

The Fox Theatre concert is among a rash of recent concert cancellations from Franklin. The Fox show was announced the same day Franklin, 68, canceled a concert appearance in Charlottesville, Va., "for health reasons," according to her representative. The next day, Franklin pulled out of an Oct. 30 concert at Drury University in Springfield, Mo., also citing health concerns....

New Bethel is right down the street from where I grew up.

The show must go on???

Aretha Franklin's annual free gospel concert will happen as planned even though doctors have ordered the Queen of Soul to take it easy until May. Franklin was released Saturday from Sinai-Grace Hospital in Detroit after treatment for an undisclosed illness.

"She is up and about and doing real good but not well enough to perform right now," said her longtime friend, Fannie Tyler of Detroit. Franklin is expected to be present at the event later this month. Franklin began offering a free gospel concert and feast to Detroiters seven years ago -- kind of a pre-holiday gift to the city.

Sometimes she performs or joins others performing, but usually other artists are the focus of the gathering.

This year, "Aretha's Thanksgiving Gospel Fest" will be at 6 p.m. Nov. 25 at the church she grew up in, New Bethel Baptist Church at 8430 C.L. Franklin Blvd. in Detroit. A portion of Linwood Boulevard was renamed in honor of her late father, the Rev. C.L. Franklin, who was pastor at New Bethel for many years.

Among those scheduled to perform are Dorinda Clark-Cole of the Grammy Award-winning Clark Sisters, Esther Smith, Paul Porter of the Christianaires, Spencer Taylor and the Highway QCs, Slim and the Morning Echoes and the Mighty Voices of Wonder....

Last edited by Lilo; 11/06/10 06:42 AM. Reason: added info

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #585169
11/07/10 10:44 AM
11/07/10 10:44 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
The New York City Marathon is being run today.

Some 45,000 runners will be taking their shot at the 26 mile course. 45,000! eek

It's about 40° under a bright, sunny sky. The men's race just started; the women started earlier.

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #585274
11/08/10 04:59 PM
11/08/10 04:59 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
I'm getting old.. rolleyes This was the place to be once upon a time. There was always some wannabe musician playing harmonica outside the store. This was one of the gathering places for what was left of the counterculture in the 80's and 90's. And the store wasn't exactly the cleanest place either. But then again neither were the students who shopped there..
Village Corner Closes

Since 1970, the Village Corner party store stood at the southeast corner of the University of Michigan's Ann Arbor campus, a dusty, dark cavern of all things fermented that supplied libations to four decades of students and wine lovers.

It was eclectic in its product lines: Schlitz, Pabst and Budweiser for the college set; fine wines from France and Germany for those with a more refined taste.

They came together in a store that was, well, far more Midwestern beer vault than snooty wine shoppe.

"It looks like a dive," said Leslie Roberts of Ann Arbor, a fan who bought several bottles Friday night. But she said that with a knowing smile. "I know good things can come in dingy packages."

Saluted by wine lovers from across the country — and by students who knew the store had a ready supply of toilet paper and beer — the Village Corner, at least at its location at South Forest and South University, is gone.

Friday and Saturday marked its last weekend as it makes way for redevelopment that will include a high-rise student apartment building. Owner Dick Scheer hopes to reopen soon in the area, but he said he hasn't decided where that will be.

"We're moving," he said Friday night, as customers buzzed in and out to take advantage of a 20 percent off sale on wine. "We're not quitting."

That's good news for wine fans like Steve Shoemaker of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, who has been a Village Corner customer since his wife, Julie Wolin, was working on her Ph.D. at U-M in the 1970s. He got past the store's appearance to appreciate its affinity for wine and its employees' willingness to help.

Wine for a concert

In 1984, he sought some advice. "I said, 'I'm going to see Billy Idol. What wine would you suggest?" Unruffled by a half-joking reference to the bleached-blonde punk rocker, the clerk had a reply: a Cote du Rhone.

Yes, perfect.

"It's really a different store," Shoemaker said.

Scheer and his wife, Sally, have run the store for 40 years, enjoying a remarkable run fueled by students' thirst for beer and liquor and older adults' growing love of wine. They tapped into a wine craze that started in the 1960s and has grown for generations. "We hitched our wagon to that," said Scheer, 67, a graduate of U-M.

A few things have changed. Today's students are also interested in microbrews as well as wine. Years ago, students walked right past the wine and headed for the coolers. "A lot of the students today are really savvy," he said.

While the beer accounted for the most sales, the wine helped the owners weather the ebbs and flows of the school year and made them famous; the store is known around the country for its selection of smaller vintners from Europe.

Wall of shame

But for many students and local residents, the store might bring back other memories: like the wall of fake ID shame --Â an "X" in each eye -- that once lined the area behind the counter. It was Scheer's way of alerting too-young customers that, hey, if you're not old enough to buy beer, don't even think about it.

Mike Anderson grew up in Ann Arbor and remembers the wall and the fear it created.

"The impact, of course, was the sheer volume of them, row after row, a rogue's gallery of failure, a platoon of the disappointed," he said in an e-mail.

Those IDs, stuffed in paper bags, are now part of what has moved on. Everything had to be out of the store by midnight Saturday, Scheer said, and he expected a busy day. But sadness didn't seem to be part of his moving equation.

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #585314
11/09/10 07:06 AM
11/09/10 07:06 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #585317
11/09/10 08:34 AM
11/09/10 08:34 AM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
I LOVE Victorian houses - all that gingerbread and the delightful paint jobs. They also often have such delightful little nooks and crannies inside. There are several river towns near me that have the most beautiful old homes. Many of the ones on the water have widow's walks. They're just beautiful.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #585377
11/09/10 04:27 PM
11/09/10 04:27 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Yes, those are nice homes SB.

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #585644
11/12/10 07:37 PM
11/12/10 07:37 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

LANSING, Mich. – A group of friends and family is obscenely rich after winning a nearly $129 million jackpot with a lottery ticket bought at a Detroit-area porn shop. And some of the money will be devoted to sacred purposes.

Mike Greer, a member of the group, came forward Friday to claim the Powerball winnings on behalf of the others, who chose to remain anonymous. Greer — who said only that the group has more than two members and fewer than 100 — indicated some of the riches will be going to a church.

"The only thing I can assume is that the Lord trusted us to do certain things with the money that He bestowed upon us," he said. "That's the only thing that I can gather."

Greer said he didn't buy the ticket himself and doesn't know whether it was purchased inside the Uptown Bookstore or at its outside, walk-up lottery window. And he said that among the group's members, "nobody cares" where it was bought.

Many customers of the adult bookstore in a depressed section of Highland Park buy their lottery tickets without setting foot inside the place and getting an eyeful of its X-rated videos and magazines.

The group will take its winnings in a lump sum of $69.6 million instead of annual installments.

Greer, a 49-year-old from Farmington Hills, said he is self-employed in the digital imaging business. He would not give details on the others except to say that most are from the Detroit metropolitan area.

Story

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #585666
11/12/10 11:39 PM
11/12/10 11:39 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
They bought their ticket in a porn shop and the winnings were $69 million??? Such irony! lol

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Sicilian Babe] #585685
11/13/10 06:01 AM
11/13/10 06:01 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Sicilian Babe
They bought their ticket in a porn shop and the winnings were $69 million??? Such irony! lol

cool

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #585686
11/13/10 06:23 AM
11/13/10 06:23 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Originally Posted By: Lilo
LANSING, Mich. – A group of friends and family is obscenely rich after winning a nearly $129 million jackpot with a lottery ticket bought at a Detroit-area porn shop.

Wasn't the big MegaMillions winner from a few drawings ago ($100+ million) also from Michigan?

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #585688
11/13/10 06:33 AM
11/13/10 06:33 AM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
A vase that somebody found in their loft in London and was put into auction to possibly raise a couple of hundred pounds was eventually sold for £43 million.......... eek

Some ancient old pot apparently that was looted from China by the British Empire...... whistle

Its gone home now and left some happy soul a tad better off!!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: SC] #585697
11/13/10 07:25 AM
11/13/10 07:25 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: Lilo
LANSING, Mich. – A group of friends and family is obscenely rich after winning a nearly $129 million jackpot with a lottery ticket bought at a Detroit-area porn shop.

Wasn't the big MegaMillions winner from a few drawings ago ($100+ million) also from Michigan?

Yes, yes he was. Well he was a yooper, which still counts... lol

Winners

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #585698
11/13/10 08:01 AM
11/13/10 08:01 AM
South of the Pinelands
MaryCas Offline
MaryCas  Offline

South of the Pinelands
Atlantic City is at it again. A recent investigation by "The Press" uncovered years of outrageous litigation payments in attorney fees and settlements. Apparently there are no city govt controls on litigation fees and contracts; so the lawyer community has been soaking the city. Of course too there are the brother-in-law of the mayor type things. They have a dozen law firms with their hands in the pot.

Then to top it off they make exhorbitant settlements and many have been with city employees for such things as harrassment. Some of the settlements have gone to high ranking police officers and elected officials, even mayors.

Nucky Johnson would be proud. Boardwalk Cash Cow.

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12
Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: MaryCas] #586207
11/19/10 07:40 PM
11/19/10 07:40 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
There might not be any paczki for a while. Times are really getting tough around here.

Hamtramck Bankruptcy

Winter is Coming

Re: News from your neck of the woods [Re: Lilo] #586840
11/29/10 02:15 PM
11/29/10 02:15 PM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
This is getting a lot of attention now.
Missing Kids

Winter is Coming

Page 29 of 59 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 58 59

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull