Hoist on his own petard as far as Stern goes.
They expanded more than the talent pool and interest could really justify. Now they're dealing with the outcome of that. I would also like to see future commissioners limited to no more than 12 years in the job and a retirement plan laid out for Stern. I think the league should drop at least 4 and maybe 6 teams.

If I were a player I would not be interested in giving anything else up, especially after having accepted max salaries.

On the other hand certainly some players abuse the guaranteed contracts, which is another thing that owners would like to revisit. Get hurt and stay paid? Some people (cough- Tracy McGrady) have milked the sweet spot for years...

But do we really want the players to accept the football style "contracts"?
Player: "My hand is broken."
Owner: "Hmm. That's too bad. You're cut."

Player: "This is my bonus year."
Owner: "Yeah, thanks for reminding me. You're cut."

Player: "I have a concussion and internal bleeding."
Owner: "Shirking work, you sissy? You're cut."
tongue

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.