As for my special touches to the recipes linked above:

Meatballs

I added 1 clove minced garlic, ~1/4 cup minced onions, <1/4 tsp crushed red pepper. Next time: more of each.

Used 9 slices of white bread (between the 8-10 called for), 1/3 cup grated cheese (between the 1/4-1/2 cup called for; next time I'll up to the 1/2 cup); 2 tsp salt; 1/2 tsp black pepper; and the ground beef (93% lean) closer to 2.25 lb.

Sauce

Used Tuttorossa brand crushed tomatoes; Cento brand for puree and paste. Two large, raw pork spareribs (ordered/cut right on the spot from the butcher) added right in, and 2 rotisserie chicken thighs (from the deli) with skin removed, and 10 slices pepperoni in cheesecloth for easy removal and discarded. I also deglazed (Step 11) with red wine instead of water. And only cooked it 2 hrs instead of 3, cuz quite a bit of the sauce was taken away for the lasagna.

Lasagna

I didn't post a recipe, but basically loosely followed it from the box of no-boil noodles. I added fresh basil and parsley used pre-grated asiago cheese to the ricotta mix. The beef layer was ~1lb ground beef plus sautéed garlic and onions. Sausage layer was just 2 sweet sausage patties broken up. Grated real romano shredded throughout. A bit of cheddar added to the top, then another .5 lb mozz melted on top at the end.

Next time, I'll double everything to make a nice and tall lasagna. wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations