Originally Posted By: SC
After seeing Geoff's lasagna I have the urge to make some of my own. Gotta be a carb/winter thing.

What, this little thing?

Along with...

So a plate looks like this?

Only took 3 hrs prep and another hour to cook 12 servings of lasagna, sauce, and 21 meatballs. A bit much for 2 people (we each had a serving, and 2 meatballs, and a couple strips of garlic bread that Meredith made -- and that was enough!)

Best friend stopped by later, and I sent him home with 4 servings, and I have plenty for tomorrow and the next day (and the next day!).

Mama Iuliucci's FAMOUS MEAT-A-BALLS (Italian Meatballs)

(I just HAD to add some minced onion and garlic!)

with

My Mama Iuliucci's "Don't Skip a Step" Spaghetti Sauce

...two raw pork spareribs and two cooked (skinless) rotisserie chicken thighs??? THAT makes a sauce a "gravy"!

Of course I doctored it up a bit (shredded asiago with fresh herbs in the riccotta mix, for example; one layer ground beef, another layer ground sausage, etc), but for the most part stayed true to the recipes -- and it came out great! My ex-cook bff said it was the best Italian dish he's had in years!

Look the recipes over and alter how you see fit -- they're really good! (The lasagna I winged, tho; not that hard, just time-consuming) wink

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations