GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 419 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,725
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,268
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,526
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,402
Posts1,060,250
Members10,349
Most Online911
Yesterday at 03:56 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: thebarber] #590544
01/11/11 08:12 PM
01/11/11 08:12 PM
Mukremin Offline
Underboss
Mukremin  Offline
Underboss
A soldier with influence could propose for membership. There are plenty of examples.

Up to date mafia charts --> https://cosanostracharts.wordpress.com/
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: thebarber] #590552
01/12/11 12:45 AM
01/12/11 12:45 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: thebarber

can a soldier propose a associate for membership or does it have 2 come from a capo?

Soldiers can propose members but generally they would have to go on record with their captain, who in turn goes on record with the boss regarding the potential new member.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Ludovico] #592784
01/31/11 09:01 PM
01/31/11 09:01 PM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss

what would b a fair estimate for income for a newly made guy? ? i know it can vary alot but is it safe to assume once you get your button you are bringing home a six figure income ??

Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Ludovico] #592793
01/31/11 11:42 PM
01/31/11 11:42 PM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Joseph "Little Joe" DeFede (born 1934) was a New York City mobster and former acting boss of the Lucchese crime family who eventually turned informant.

While testifying against Gambino crime family boss Peter Gotti, DeFede exclaimed that all he made during his reign as acting boss was $1,014,000, or approximately $250,000 per year. DeFede also estimated that a low ranking family soldier would make on average $50,000 per year.

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?
Sal Vitale: (laughs) Tommy, jump in, the water's fine.

Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Dapper_Don] #592801
02/01/11 01:43 AM
02/01/11 01:43 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Dapper_Don
Joseph "Little Joe" DeFede (born 1934) was a New York City mobster and former acting boss of the Lucchese crime family who eventually turned informant.

While testifying against Gambino crime family boss Peter Gotti, DeFede exclaimed that all he made during his reign as acting boss was $1,014,000, or approximately $250,000 per year. DeFede also estimated that a low ranking family soldier would make on average $50,000 per year.

You do know why he flipped? This guy was full of it and that guy was an earner! He had real estate, beautiful cars, a nice house. Trust me, he made a lot more than he said he did. The feds suspected it and his own crime family most certainly did. When DeFede got indicted, Crea was put in his place and as soon as that happened, Amuso started getting real money again. This is how they all started to suspect him of ripping off the family and we all know what happened next. He flipped. He knew he was finished. This is the last guy I'd use to get information of this nature.

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: thebarber] #592804
02/01/11 02:11 AM
02/01/11 02:11 AM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: thebarber

what would b a fair estimate for income for a newly made guy? ? i know it can vary alot but is it safe to assume once you get your button you are bringing home a six figure income ??

Getting made doesn't necessarily change your income. At least not right away. Since it's not like the family is paying an associate a wage, he doesn't exactly get a raise after he gets his button. Many guys get made because they are already good earners. Unlike legitimate companies that pay their employees further down the ladder, money in the mob goes up. So, often it's the other way around. You'll be kicking up more money once you're made and under a specific captain. But the idea is being made gives you more prestige, which can provide for more opportunities and help your earning power down the road. While you have some on both ends of the financial spectrum - both multimillionaires and brokesters - most mob guys on average are more or less middle class.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #592808
02/01/11 02:39 AM
02/01/11 02:39 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York
Originally Posted By: VinnyGorgeous

You do know why he flipped? This guy was full of it and that guy was an earner! He had real estate, beautiful cars, a nice house. Trust me, he made a lot more than he said he did. The feds suspected it and his own crime family most certainly did. When DeFede got indicted, Crea was put in his place and as soon as that happened, Amuso started getting real money again. This is how they all started to suspect him of ripping off the family and we all know what happened next. He flipped. He knew he was finished. This is the last guy I'd use to get information of this nature.

In his early days, he operated a hot dog vendor truck in Coney Island, Brooklyn, running numbers on the side. A close friend and handball partner of Lucchese leader Vittorio "Vic" Amuso, DeFede was inducted into the family in 1986 after Amuso became boss. DeFede's rise and fall in the New York mob can all be attributed to Amuso. He drove a Cadillac and owned three horses that he kept in stables at the Aqueduct Racetrack. He was married twice, and is currently wed to his second wife Nancy who entered the Witness Protection Program with him. The two survive of off an annual income of $30,000 a year, a modest anuity from the U.S. Marshals and his wife Nancy's pension from working at a bank for over twenty years.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/02/nyregion/02mafia.html

Tommy Shots: They want me running the family, don't they know I have a young wife?

Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Dapper_Don] #592810
02/01/11 02:55 AM
02/01/11 02:55 AM
V
VinnyGorgeous Offline
BANNED
VinnyGorgeous  Offline
BANNED
V
Underboss

In his early days, he operated a hot dog vendor truck in Coney Island, Brooklyn, running numbers on the side. A close friend and handball partner of Lucchese leader Vittorio "Vic" Amuso, DeFede was inducted into the family in 1986 after Amuso became boss. DeFede's rise and fall in the New York mob can all be attributed to Amuso. He drove a Cadillac and owned three horses that he kept in stables at the Aqueduct Racetrack. He was married twice, and is currently wed to his second wife Nancy who entered the Witness Protection Program with him. The two survive of off an annual income of $30,000 a year, a modest anuity from the U.S. Marshals and his wife Nancy's pension from working at a bank for over twenty years.

What is your point? You do know why he flipped?

"What is given, can be taken away. Everyone lies. Everyone dies." - Casey Anthony, in a poem, July 7, 2008
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: VinnyGorgeous] #592811
02/01/11 03:34 AM
02/01/11 03:34 AM
Brooklyn, New York
Dapper_Don Offline
Underboss
Dapper_Don  Offline
Underboss
Brooklyn, New York

What is your point? You do know why he flipped?

obcourse I know he heard/suspected he was going to get whacked out by the family for skimming

Last edited by Dapper_Don; 02/01/11 03:35 AM.

Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Ludovico] #592819
02/01/11 09:23 AM
02/01/11 09:23 AM
T
thebarber Offline
Underboss
thebarber  Offline
T
Underboss
Ivy thanks for the info. I was under assumption that when you get your button you are usually handed a racket to run which shud boost yur income. Example being the sopranos when cristopher gets made Paulie gives him the sports gambling operation. The 50 k per year estimate giving by defede is definitely BS.

Re: The Made man ritual [Re: IvyLeague] #703563
03/17/13 07:49 AM
03/17/13 07:49 AM
Gotti Offline
Button
Gotti  Offline
Button
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Some families don't use any "making" ritual. Fat Vinny Teresa, in his book, "My Life in the Mafia," said that in the Raymond Patriarca family, "they just called you to the Office and told you you was made."

Not sure what to make of that. You'll recall that, in 1989, the FBI was successful in recording a making ceremony involving the Patriarca family.

As far as I'm aware, only the Chicago Outfit supposedly didn't use a traditional initiation ceremony but even that was in the earlier years. Decades later, they were also said to be going through the same ceremony with the drawn blood, burning saint card, etc.

Do you know where I can find this recording?

Makes you think. Makes you think about the people in your life. And when I think, I think of Neil. If he were here now what would he say? He would say "John what's it about? What's life about... if you dont go through it as a man's man?". He'd say "Suck it up, take the fall do the time. That made you what you are. That makes you what you are. How long have we been around this thing of ours? This Cosa Nostra? 120 years. What's it about? It's about the rules, perimeters. You take the beating for a friend, you don't run, you don't lay down, you don't betray who you are. What you are.
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: furio_from_naples] #703582
03/17/13 09:36 AM
03/17/13 09:36 AM
East US
Viceguy Offline
ManOnTheMake
Viceguy  Offline
ManOnTheMake
Made Member
East US

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
...the patron saint of the family...the crime family's patron saint...a holy card with the image of the Patriarca family saint...

What now, each OC family has their own saint? Get outta here...

Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
The cumpare is selected through an Italian finger-throwing game...

...Italian finger-throwing game?...which finger?

N..... or no, bastard had balls, shame to kill him...
I got nuthin', I got nuthin...

Coming to bb is like going to the dollar store. You came for one thing, but once in now youse cant leave.
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Viceguy] #703585
03/17/13 10:10 AM
03/17/13 10:10 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Check out the Italian Finger throwing game or Morra:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morra_(game)

Last edited by Beanshooter; 03/17/13 10:11 AM.
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Turnbull] #703598
03/17/13 12:42 PM
03/17/13 12:42 PM
A
azguy Offline
Underboss
azguy  Offline
A
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
Some families don't use any "making" ritual. Fat Vinny Teresa, in his book, "My Life in the Mafia," said that in the Raymond Patriarca family, "they just called you to the Office and told you you was made."

I'm calling BS on this, no way the old man would do something like this especially with his ties to NY and the fact that they recorded a full blown ceremony just 5 years after his death..

"In onore della Famiglia la Famiglia e' aperta"
Re: The Made man ritual [Re: Ludovico] #703620
03/17/13 01:59 PM
03/17/13 01:59 PM
A
artichoke Offline
Button
artichoke  Offline
A
Button
Vinny Teresa was never a made guy. Maybe the old man told him that to keep him close. I agree with azguy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull