He SV,

IF you actually drive to the courthouse (whether you get a case or not) you'll be excused for at least a year. IF you just call in each day and don't end up having to go to the courthouse, they can call you sooner than a year. ohwell

As matter of fact I reported in June of 2009 and received another summons a couple weeks ago. I just called in and turns out I DO have to report on Tuesday (Monday is Columbus Day and courts are closed). I don't have to report until 12:15 p.m.

That tells me that (and I'm only guessing) chances are better I won't get a case. It's a short week, courts close on Friday for jury duty, plus since I am reporting in the afternoon and not morning, I think they just need a few more "possibles" for current jury selections. I could be wrong, but that's what I guess ohwell

Oh, and FWIW, I don't know about your areas, but I requested a courthouse right by my home instead of the larger courthouse which is about 15 miles or so. I e-mailed the courts and the last 3 times they've agreed to let me report there. It's like a 5/10 minute drive.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon