Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
In the documentary crime inc. they show a such a map, only I'm not sure in which episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4X62i-WdI

A map like you suggest is a very good idea, to be honest I also looked for such a map myself on google.

Back in the 1960's, Life Magazine had a map/chart of the U.S. with photos of most of the family bosses surrounding it, along with arrows from their pictures to their territories on the map. Not exactly what we're talking about here but I know it's posted somewhere over on the Real Deal forum. But obviously its' way out of date.

Honestly, I don't think such a map or chart would even be necessary today. The mob really isn't nationwide in scope anymore. And in many places where it's still at, it's not necessarily even state wide. For instance, while it still has some activity here and there, most of the the Outfit's activity today is in Chicago and it's surrounding suburbs within Cook County. It's not like they still have a significant presence in other parts of Illinois, in northwest Indiana, or out in Nevada or California.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.