no disrespect intended to anybody...and if you're offended we can talk about it...

I saw a doc. recently about the controversy surrounding the filming of and release of the godfather... opposition from individual Italian Americans, Italian "organizations" and actual cosa nostra members who fronted one of these "Italian civil rights" organizations.

The mobsters shook down the studio in several ways(ironically shades of the don threatening to impede Wolf's studio from operating)...under the guise of protecting the image of Italians...but I'm sure plenty of hard working people despise seeing yet another italian mobster film.

I think several jewish groups may have protested the film including the scene portraying the (implied) Jewish studio head as a p edophile. The scene was shot but not included in the release....nor in the previous home video video versions.That speaks to the power of the protest groups

Before he died Brando delivered a speech/rant on Larry King about how every other ethnic group in America is stereotyped in Hollywood films EXCEPT for jews.