I see it a little differently. I don't think that the overwhelming majority of people upset with LeBron were upset that he left Cleveland-it was HOW he left Cleveland. It was classless and immature. It was wrong. Whenever you leave a job you don't burn down the bridge because you never know when you might have to come back across. He brought most of this on himself.

That said LeBron's rating is different among blacks and whites. And I would be quite surprised if LeBron and/or his family or new team hadn't received some racially insulting emails/letters. If so that would give more factual basis to his observation. So just recognizing different reactions exist doesn't in and of itself mean that someone is necessarily a bad guy.

LeBron is probably the wrong person to be talking about this considering how quickly he ran from discussions about the Vogue cover which p**** off some people.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.