I don't really know the criteria is used other than the longevity of the inductee (25 years?). I'm not a fan of several, don't even know a couple (Nora Nyro, Chuck Willis).

I too would have thought Alice Cooper should have been years ago, as well as J. Geils, Neil Diamond. Gosh and Donovan & Darlene Love too. They've been around forever.

As far as Kiss goes, I can't say I've been a fan (although I don't dislike them). I guess I'd agree that if they were inducted for anything it probably would be for their shows. Years ago I was in L.A. showing my family around and we stopped at the Hard Rock Cafe. The line was huge and we just assumed there was a wait because it was a popular place. When we walked in we saw statues of KISS (and others). I still didn't think much of it. I mean, we were in the Hard Rock. As we were eating they introduced, for our entertainment none other than KISS. eek My niece jumped up all excited and grabbed her camera.

My poor parents were sitting right by the speakers as they blasted the music. lol The waitress came to the table to give them earplugs. Needless to say, my parents didn't even know who KISS was. My father still laughs and says, "well, at least I'm glad I got to see KISS." lol

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/29/10 09:13 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon