Well Mig, I think what changed the forum is that most of the teenagers are gone. There were many of them a few years ago, so there was a vivid mix of youngsters and adults (one of the reason this forum is such a special place, age was never an issue) but now that school is over etc, I guess they are too busy to come here, or they found new hobbies, and yeah that's life. Things are more stable with adults - look at all the members who posted in this thread and you'll see that they're all over 30, I think.

I don't think there will be many new members in the future as well. The Godfather movies will always be popular and people will always google for it and may find this place....but yeah, forums are not what they used to be.

I tried to talk about it and see if we can find a solution. The weekly threads for sure is not a nice option, but I just couldn't think of anything else. It's not just quantity I'm after, SB. 'quality over quantity' is a nice slogan, but it's not black and white. Maybe I'm not as high-minded and pure as one should be, and I guess the idealists would eat me for breakfast for suggesting the weekly threads, but I'd rather be low and base, and dare I say practical, because the quantity in this specific forum usually means quality as well. Because the people here are quality, and that's what counts. I can honestly say that I've learned a lot from many posts in this forum, and saw a lot of 'basic' threads turn into something really wonderful. So that's why I'm not afraid of it, and I believe such threads will do nothing but good in the end. I thought a little "boost" might make a difference, even for just a few weeks, but I should respect what everyone said in here and just take it easy, so no more speeches from me on that issue grin

Thanx everyone for taking the time to read and respond, and thank you for all the kind words smile

"Come out and take it, you dirty, yellow-bellied rat, or I'll give it to you through the door!"

- James Cagney in "Taxi!" (1932)