The idea of mandating so many new threads a weeek probably won't happen. IMHO this is the best board on the internet, but with Facebook and all that goes with it, the air is being sucked out of these boards.

There are also other reasons. First, despite the greatness of the Godfather movies, there is only so much that can be said about them. I have tried to approach some new threads in that section, but it is getting hard to come up with anything original. If there is some hole in a story, the responses will predictibly be:
a) it was covered in the novel this way....
b) some suggestion will be made it was not a hole in the story and
c) it hows FFC and Puzo were sloppy.

How many ways can we say Michael was a bad guy, or discuss whether Fredo should have been killed, or that FFC's daughter was not a good actress, or that III was not as good as I and II?

In the political threads, we all pretty much know where the reulars stand on the political spectrum from right to left, and whatever the issue, the answers from those who post are predictable.

In sports, there's a tilt toward New York teams because the majority of the members come from that area. Other than threads about playoff teams, I do not see a "Go Cincinnati Reds" thread going anyplace.

If the board is revived, great. If it dies it dies, and we can all say we had a great run.

Either way it will happen naturally, and no amount of mandated posting will change it.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."