Originally posted by Vito The Godfather:
I have never ever seen such a contradictory journalist (claim to be one) like you.

You stated: [b]'Most people, myself included, could care less about his new book, but there is one claim he makes that needs to be attacked not only because of its absurd nature but also because of its appalling ignorance.

So if you don't care one bit about his book (I am sure about him as well), why would you take the time to write a WHOLE article about him, his ideals, his book, etc..? did you even read his book?

lol lol [/b]
You've never seen such a "contradictory journalist" before me? With comments like that, I suppose you have never heard of Jayson Blair, Janet Cooke, Jack Kelly, or Dan Rather. rolleyes

Anyway, that introduction was clearly a lead-in that went over your head, used for purposes of setting-the-scene, if you will. And no, I didn't read his book at the time of that article because the book wasn't out yet in the United States. It was a widely publicized comment, though, and, quite frankly, I don't need to read his book to know that that statement is absurd and just plain wrong.

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986