I didn't realize there was a thread already and I originally posted this in the movie/tv thread:

I just watched Boardwalk Empire last night. While it was on at 10:00 and I was half asleep, I did find it pretty good. It was the pilot episode which I think is the only one that's aired thus far no??

I don't know the characters names (aside from the main character) but it sure brings us back to what although is not that far back in our history, an interesting era.

I too find the setting and backdrop of the 1920's to appear so authentic. Not that I was around during that time mind you, tongue but it does seem so believable. I'm thinking perhaps it's because of Scorsese's direction it appears so well-done. I like to look at little background details smile .

Edit to add:

Since I was half asleep the first time I saw it again yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it even more. There were a couple things I missed.....Like Al Capone AND I must have been dozing when they killed that POS wife abuser. I still love the setting. It seems to take you there. smile

One thing I hate about HBO shows though is......will we have to wait a freekin' year or longer between seasons? rolleyes

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/26/10 10:18 AM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon