Hey everyone, it's been a while since my last update, but never fear, it is here, and with a whopping six items, might I add!

First, we have two opinion pieces by me. The initial one deals with the arrogance and egotism of Dan Rather, douchebag-journalist-at-large. For anyone who is uninformed on the man who stepped down from CBS News, I highly recommend reading this piece. Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or at my website .
The second opinion article deals with the stupid political statements that celebrities love to so often make, and it is a funny read. Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or at my website .

Second, and more importantly, is an article that I wrote for the newspaper's "Our View" section, where the Opinion page takes a stance on a certain issue and collectively decides on a stance for it. The newspaper is in some very difficult financial times, and we appealed to the Senate to have them place a referendum on the ballot for the upcoming student elections to save the newspaper. Because of some dirty politics and ill-voiced promises, the vote did not go through, which could mean the end of the newspaper, and that is something that I, and most students, do not want to see happen. Following an emergency Senate meeting where our fate may have been sealed, I wrote an opinion piece (the "Our View" for that day) on the fact that the senators are not serving the students, who hired them to do a specific job. I insist that you read this and see how low the Senate has gotten. It is quite sad. Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or at my website (might I also add that the unedited one on my website is much more damning and says a lot more that didn't make the final cut).
On that same note, in the Senate meeting today I was mentioned in a statement made by a particular senator, proving that he isn't serving his constituents by carrying out a personal vendetta against the paper simply because I work at it. Read it at the Daily 49er\'s website .

On the lighter side, there is also an article by me in today's paper on upcoming and much anticipated video game releases. Read it at either the Daily 49er\'s website or at my website .

Finally, there is a letter to the editor in regards to my column on Pope John Paul II's comparing of abortion to the Holocaust. This guy filed a complaint with the Catholic League For Religious And Civil Rights, so I really pissed him off! Read it at the Daily 49er\'s website .

Thanks everyone and until next time!

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986