Good work HSIG! wink However, I disagree regarding a woman president. I have said recently that Hillary won't run (or if she does she won't win)...nor will any woman in the next election. (Btw, I don't hate Hillary like most do, and as a matter of fact, should she ever run, I am perfectly open to listening to her and giving her a fair chance.) Much depends on who the other candidate is also. ohwell

Yet, I do think, at least in your lifetime (if not mine), there will be a woman president. It is getting closer and closer IMHO. However, I won't, and would hope others won't, vote for a woman simply because she's a woman; or a minority, for that matter, simply because he/she is a minority. I have to prefer one candidate over another, even tho many times there may not be much of a selection.

As far as the story regarding the police shooting of the young boy. I don't know all the facts, but from what I've heard and read,I do agree with you. There is way too much relying on the "race" card. I see it very often in my school too, and am tired of it. ohwell It's so easy, I think, to treat everyone the same. There shouldn't even be a race issue in these circumstances. Yet, I suppose I'm a dreamer to think that this is even possible. frown

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon