This afternoon I went to see "Wall Street Money Never Sleeps". Believe it or not, I never saw the first Wall Street until just a couple months ago. I enjoyed it and have been waiting for this one to debut.

I have seen mixed reviews on it but I liked the movie. For a sequel it was actually quite good. smile

It starts with Gordon Gekko walking out of prison in 2001, surrounded by several others leaving the slammer. The others all have someone waiting for them but poor Gekko is alone.

Then, for whatever reason though, it suddenly moves to 2007. confused Jake Moore (Shia LaBeouf) introduces himself to Gordon after seeing one of his lectures (I loved that scene. Not as good as the "Greed is good" scene but good) and being so impressed with it, he had to meet him. Jake informed Gordon that he was daughter's fiance', who was estranged from Gekko. Long story short, Gordon more or less becomes becomes his mentor. Of course you have the shady dealings and scams, etc. as well, with Josh Brolin, more or less, another Gekko type character.

There was a short cameo by Charlie Sheen in his "Bud" role, and Oliver Stone had a couple cameos as well. On top of all that there were wonderful outdoor shots of NYC throughout the film, adding to the atmosphere. smile

If you are like me and don't understand all the ins and outs of Wall Street (that's why I have a TSA guy), you can still follow this movie. It's pretty easy to get the general drift without being an expert.

I could not help throughout the movie feel sorry for Douglas, who in the film, mentions cancer a couple times in general conversations. For some reason, I feel extra badly for him. confused

I'd say about *** (over 2 but under 4 anyway).

TIS

Last edited by The Italian Stallionette; 09/24/10 10:18 PM.

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon