Originally Posted By: Tyler_Durden
I thought it was very good,looking forward to the next episode.
Just like HBO's other production,ROME,the focus seems to be less on historical accuracy and more on recreating the feeling of the respective era,which isn't a bad thing as long as the finished product is good.
Now for a question:
There's a scene where Capone and Jimmy Darmody(sp?) were outside talking about Rothstein and Luciano's fortunes,and Capone mentions that Luciano "did 6 months for pushing heroin a couple o'years back".There's a short moment of awkwardness when Darmody asks "only 6 months?" before Capone answers that "he bought a judge" and suspiciously looks at Darmody.
The implication here is that Luciano ratted to get a shorter sentence.I've heard about his before.Was it actually proven that he ratted or is it just a rumor?

I don't think it was ever proven. I'm not sure about the timeline and don't have the texts in front of me now to look it up. But my understanding was that when Luciano was 18 he did 6 mths in "reformatory"-not sure whether this was "real" prison or not and that he didn't enjoy it one little bit. In his autobiography he wrote that when he got out that he told people to start calling him "Charles" or "Charlie" instead of Salvatore, which the other inmates had shortened to "Sally". The implication was that Lucky had to deal with what every young good looking slightly built boy had to deal with in prison. sick Obviously the autobiography didn't go any further.

Shortly after that he got busted for another crime (unsure of details) and told police of where they could find a packet of heroin. According to Luciano, he arranged for the heroin to be there and no other mobsters were harmed by this. whistle

That seems unlikely but it also seems unlikely that other mobsters on the way up would have dealt closely with or followed a person they really believed was a rat. Maybe other members have better details...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.