Originally Posted By: Lilo
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black
I quess the 1929 Atlantic City meeting also takes place in the serie?

I don't know how far ahead the series goes in time. ohwell It does have Capone in it so it must go to at least 1925. I think it starts in 1920...

Nucky Johnson was the undisputed boss of AC. But he was a big fish in a little pond. AC never had more than 60k residents, and while it was a "pleasure dome," with plenty of money to be made from booze, whores and gambling, it was no Chicago or New York.

There was no big meeting of Johnson with Luciano, Colosimo, Torrio, Capone and Rothstein in 1920. Never happened. Colosimo was whacked in 1920 in part because he didn't see the profit potential of Prohibition. Capone's latest biographer, Laurence Bergreen, says Capone wasn't even with Torrio in 1920. Luciano was a freelance drug dealer and gambling game operator in 1920. In any event, the Chicago Outfit didn't need to get its booze from AC--it got booze via local distillers and rumrunning over the Great Lakes.

There was a big gangster convention in AC in 1929, hosted by Johnson. But he was the host, not the arbiter. Torrio and Capone were there. Rothstein wasn't there--he was dead by that time. Meyer Lansky, Bugsy Siegel, Moe Dalitz, Charlien Luciano, Joe Adonis and Frank Costello formed the "Big Six," controlling all booze in the East through Ohio. Since the meeting followed the St. Valentine's Day Massacre, onee of the major outcomes was that the attendees strongly advised Capone to lower his profile, lest the heat he generated via the massacre fall out on them. Capone arranged to have himself arrested for carrying a gun in Philadelphia after the convention, and spent a year in a PA prison while things cooled down in Chicago.

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.