On Katy Perry's new No. 1 album "Teenage Dream," she sings about adolescent milestones like beach parties and Friday-night dates, and earlier this week she lived out many teens' real-life fantasy: standing in front of a huge, adoring crowd and calling out a crush who never gave her the time of day in high school.

On Tuesday, the 25-year-old pop star returned to her alma mater, Dos Pueblos High School in Goleta, California (which she attended her freshman year before earning her GED) for a homecoming concert. With an acoustic guitar strapped around her neck, Perry started talking about the difference between teen boys and girls, and unrequited love. "It's like, don't break my heart, because I'm going to go and write a song about you," she said. "I'm so thankful that God gave me that gift."

Pointing out into the audience, she identified one specific member of the crowd and asked, "Is that Shane Lopes? You were the most popular kid in my class, but you never wanted to date me, it was always Amanda Wayne." As the crowd laughed and cheered, she adopted a bit of swagger and added, "Oh yeah, you really chose right, honey. What's up now, playa?" Becoming an international, Grammy-nominated pop star evidently does wonderful things for your self-confidence.

Video

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.