Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
You certainly can I've seen numerous radio, tv programs and newspaper articles debating for and against the Royals. And since Princess Di's tragic death ther has been more support for a republic nation more than ever. As long as what is said isn't slanderous, there is nothing they can do about it. But I can see where you're coming from expecially with the latest Charles scandel that emerged last year and British papers were banned from publishing the alleged allegations due to an injunction. Something which quite a few celebs get away with each year. It isn't as if just because it is the Royals it is illigal to print.

The Monarchy has little power nowadays and only work on an ambassador for England and charity levels. To tell the truth they are an embarressment of inbred idiots out of touch with todays society. I am a full hearted anti-monarchist and all for a republic but I fear it will never happen. Because the Royals have little influence over us there is no immidiate need to abolish the Monarchy. They are hardly noticed. Check out these sites if you're interested further. You can find plenty more.

Http://www.throneout.com/default.asp

Http://www.republic.org.uk/

It's bad enough we have to put up with it, but it's the other commonwealth countries I feel sorry for. See what Canada have to say about it. http://www.monarchyfreecanada.org/
Did anybody ever come up with a cost for maintaining the monarchy? It must be a huge amount. Maybe they should rent out rooms at Buckingham Palace to cover the cost!

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.