Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
Yeah, well, we hung the bastard anyway and I won't lose a wink of sleep over it. But I guess in your mind Saddam Hussein was correct when he said in 2002 that the tyrant of our era is Zionism and America; that he was perfectly justified to call for the destruction of America about 500 times throughout his 'presidency'; and that the 1,000 plus Al Queda members in Iraq were seperate from the ones who flew the planes into the towers??

Right. And those terrorists who seized the Moscow theatre resulting in the deaths of over 200 people one year after 911? They operated in a vacuum completely seperate from the Middle East and places like Iraq and received their financing from where, the Moon?? And the hundreds of other Islamic terrorist attacks carried out throughout the world over the past 30 years, not a dime came from Iraq, huh? And I guess there's not thousands of terrorist nut-jobs being given safe-haven in Iraq at this very moment. Mmm hmm, sure.

I can only take responsibility for or respond to what I wrote, not to hypothetical "bad thoughts" that you think I have. What you're doing here is constructing a straw man and responding to things I did not write. It's a logical fallacy.

I don't know why you seem to lose it anytime people disagree with you but it happens, deal with it. Not everyone sees the world as you do or as I do. I'm okay with that. People ought to be able to disagree honestly without being disagreeable. However as the saying goes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts.

Neither Iraq nor Saddam Hussein had any ties to 9-11. None.
None of the hijackers were Iraqis. Not a single one. Most of them were Saudis. The actual attack was planned in Afghanistan and Germany. Hussein had no nuclear weapons, no biological weapons, no chemical weapons. Iraq was not attacking or threatening to attack the United States.

That the statement of these facts causes you to go off the deep end is unfortunate. Conflating the evil of the 9-11 attack with the evil of Saddam Hussein is a rhetorical trick used by the Bush Administration to gin up support for a war on Iraq.
Iraq had no ties to Al-Quaeda. Al-Quaeda was not in Iraq until after the US invasion. The Iraq war cost the US over 4000 dead, 31000 wounded, and at least $700 billion. At least 100,000 Iraqis were killed and over 2 million are refugees. I don't think those were positive outcomes.

Unsurprisingly when the same people who assured the American people of all the exact opposite of the facts on Iraq come back and tell the American people that certain economic policies are the only way to go, I think people should question their motives and demand proof. Silly me.

Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti

I realize you always have to get the last word in, so I'll eagerly await your response. And I don't expect you to lose that historical chip on your shoulder that resonates in almost every post you make but it might help if you did.

Hmm. I don't know about any "historical chip on my shoulder". I am inclined to think you are constructing another straw man. My posts today were about double entendre radio ads from the seventies, the futility of Lions football and old school soul. Perhaps you can explain the ominous undertones involved in those?
But in the meantime I'll post what and when I want to post and you can do the same.

I have no more desire to beat dead horses than anyone else here. But if someone says 2+2 =5 I might respond to that.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.