Of course unlike people then (and apparently now) I never understood this compulsion to pick between John and Paul. Both were great composers, both made some wonderful music on their own ("Maybe I'm Amazed", "Imagine"), both also made crap (SOMETIME IN NEW YORK, too many Wings songs), and both probably were at their best when together which neither would ever admit to.

I agree with you RR, although I think perhaps I like Wings a bit more than you seem to (if I'm reading you correctly). Anyway, Lennon/McCartney together were geniuses as far as I'm concerned. Do you ever wonder, had John lived if the two of them would mend fences (even to a degree) and still be composing together on occasion at least? The two matured Beatles perhaps reinventing themselves in some manner. Broadway play music maybe????? We'll never know. ohwell

Surprisingly (perhaps),I have not seen "The Two of Us" that you speak of or any other biography type film that I can think of. Most of my knowledge of the Beatles is their music and whatever part of their personal lives (and I guess there was quite a bit) that was made public throughout their careers.

There's a movie running often on cable that is a documentary called "The U.S. vs John Lennon"(?), which you've probably seen. I keep saying I'm gonna see it, but never actually have as of yet. I'll catch it one day.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon