Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: AppleOnYa
But even if he were Muslim, it shouldn't matter a HOOT and these Republicans should really get off of that or it has the potential to backfire bigtime.

Good point, Apple. You take a jaded Independent, like me. If I'm on the fence right now about 2012, any religion baiting from the Christian Right is sure to drive me right back to the Democratic Party.

I'll second both points(except Apple's assessment that Obama is a "horrible president." He has not lived up to expectations, and he has turned out to be a terrible communicator -- whoda thunk -- he definitely has a shot at being a one termer). Some on the far right have begun a whispering campaign about Mitt Romney being a Mormon. IMHO Romney is a viable preidential candidate who could win in 2010 because he is popular with centrists in both parties. These religious idiots need to look at the constitution they claim to love so much which plainly says there should be no religious test for anyone to hold office.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."