@TIS, Yup we used to have Hollywood Video around here. The chain went bankrupt back in April. The local store closed. I think all of its stores are closed now.

@SB-BB had modified that no late fee policy (at least my local store had) because people were keeping new releases too long. I think for new releases they had gone back to the original late fee policy-although they still charged your cc a sizable replacement/restocking fee past a certain time.

I won't really miss Blockbuster because they rarely had what I wanted but did have surly inattentive employees. I don't watch as many movies as I used to but when I do I'll just watch on demand.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.