Lovecraft - You care if possible to post the entire Top 100 listing because I'm intrigued to see which tunes made the cut, and which didn't. Did covers like "Twist & Shout" make the cut or what about solid B-sides like "Rain"?

Anyway this list is interesting in that when RS did their Top 500 Songs list several years back, the highest ranking Beatles tune was "Hey Jude" at #9 which is only #6 on this niche list. Weird.

Incidentally same Top 500 RS, the highest ranked song by any Beatle was #3*, for "Imagine." Would have been more fun if this new list had included solo Beatle songs as well since I know this isn't orthodox, but I always considered post-1970 to be just as tangently part of Beatlemania, whether it be Wings or "Imagine" or ALL THINGS MUST PASS or "Photograph" or whatever.

Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Underrated ones include:

Slow Version of Revolution (on White Album)

That I totally agree with. Most people either prefer or more come to mind the fast-paced rock version, and I must admit I'm one of them. That said, "Revolution #1" the acoustic edition is rather awesome too. I could see why Lennon prefered that to the "Revolution" everybody else knows.

My suggestion for underrated Fab Four songs:

*=#1 was Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone," btw.

Last edited by ronnierocketAGO; 08/26/10 05:18 PM.