GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (BugsyM), 419 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,439
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,432
Posts1,060,863
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: Sonny_Black] #579599
08/21/10 06:21 AM
08/21/10 06:21 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI
Originally Posted By: Sonny_Black

Quote:
Giving an enemy a pass is of course unusual for any oc figure, real or fictional but IRL Magliocco got one despite plotting to murder Lucchese, Gambino and Maggadino.

They gave Magliocco a pass because he was already very sick and everybody knew he would die sooner or later. But he was stripped from his position.

Bonanno also got a pass despite the fact that he would live for another 40 something years and despite the fact that after his initial reprieve he jumped back into the war. Even after that he wasn't murdered. So again, mercy is highly unusual but it has happened IRL with non-related people that were trying to kill each other.

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: Sonny_Black] #579609
08/21/10 01:19 PM
08/21/10 01:19 PM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck

Quote:
-ordered (or at least tolerated) the death and mutilation of an "innocent" hooker

Lol. Who cares, she was just a .. oh I'm sorry. But we don't know if Michael was behind that, more likely Tom or Neri.

Of course Michael knew about the hooker. And even if he didn't, as Boss, he's still culpable for her murder, both legally and morally.

All right, forget the morals part, he's a fucking gangster lol. But he's still responsible for her death.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: pizzaboy] #579622
08/21/10 07:57 PM
08/21/10 07:57 PM
Stewartstown, PA
V
VitoC Offline
Capo
VitoC  Offline
V
Capo
Stewartstown, PA
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

Quote:
-ordered (or at least tolerated) the death and mutilation of an "innocent" hooker

Lol. Who cares, she was just a .. oh I'm sorry. But we don't know if Michael was behind that, more likely Tom or Neri.

Of course Michael knew about the hooker. And even if he didn't, as Boss, he's still culpable for her murder, both legally and morally.

All right, forget the morals part, he's a fucking gangster lol. But he's still responsible for her death.

As I've said before, I'm not convinced he did know, given that he gave Tom "complete power" before he left for Miami. To me, "complete power" means that Tom had the ability to do anything without needing to have Michael's approval.

And Michael's still responsible for the killing, even if he had no knowledge of it beforehand? Really? Does that mean Tony Soprano was responsible for Ralphie's killing of his (Ralphie's) girlfriend, even though Tony not only didn't know about it until after it happened, but vehemently disapproved when he found out? Sorry, I don't buy that.

Let me tell ya somethin my kraut mick friend!
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: Lilo] #579628
08/21/10 11:23 PM
08/21/10 11:23 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo

Quote:
Giving an enemy a pass is of course unusual for any oc figure, real or fictional but IRL Magliocco got one despite plotting to murder Lucchese, Gambino and Maggadino.

They gave Magliocco a pass because he was already very sick and everybody knew he would die sooner or later. But he was stripped from his position.

Bonanno also got a pass despite the fact that he would live for another 40 something years and despite the fact that after his initial reprieve he jumped back into the war. Even after that he wasn't murdered. So again, mercy is highly unusual but it has happened IRL with non-related people that were trying to kill each other.

That's because Bonanno was on the run and they couldn't get to him. And after years of conflict within the Bonanno family they finally decided to make a deal with him to stop the violence which was bad for business. And Bonanno wasn't just anybody, he was well respected in the underworld for being boss of his family for over 30 years. Bonanno made his bones when Gambino and Lucchese were dating cheerleaders. wink

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: Sonny_Black] #579630
08/22/10 09:03 AM
08/22/10 09:03 AM
MI
Lilo Offline
Lilo  Offline

MI

That's because Bonanno was on the run and they couldn't get to him. And after years of conflict within the Bonanno family they finally decided to make a deal with him to stop the violence which was bad for business. And Bonanno wasn't just anybody, he was well respected in the underworld for being boss of his family for over 30 years. Bonanno made his bones when Gambino and Lucchese were dating cheerleaders. wink

IRL two different men get passes from non-relatives even though they were actively involved in murder plots (and in Bonanno's case) came up with the plan and did so twice and yet walked away clean. In fiction a man whose involvement is ambiguous and is related to the boss gets no mercy? smile Of course that will engender discussion, which is all good...

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungle—as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: Lilo] #579650
08/22/10 03:58 PM
08/22/10 03:58 PM
Berlin, Germany
Danito Offline
Underboss
Danito  Offline
Underboss
Berlin, Germany
This is one of those few threads that makes me want to leave this board.

Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: VitoC] #579719
08/24/10 10:28 AM
08/24/10 10:28 AM
Throggs Neck
pizzaboy Offline
The Fuckin Doctor
pizzaboy  Offline
The Fuckin Doctor

Throggs Neck
Originally Posted By: VitoC
And Michael's still responsible for the killing, even if he had no knowledge of it beforehand? Really? Does that mean Tony Soprano was responsible for Ralphie's killing of his (Ralphie's) girlfriend, even though Tony not only didn't know about it until after it happened, but vehemently disapproved when he found out? Sorry, I don't buy that.

That analogy doesn't work, Vito. My contention was that Michael would have been legally responsible, and I still say he would have been.

You're right, of course Tony Soprano wouldn't be responsible for Ralphie killing his girlfriend. But that wasn't a business related murder; the murder of the hooker in "GF 2" was. And with Michael as the head of the "criminal enterprise" that killed her---in the interest of stengthening his criminal enterprise---he would have been responsible up and down the line for said murder, under the RICO statute. A sharp prosecutor would convict him.

Now I realize that "GF 2" took place roughly ten years before Robert Blakey wrote the statute (around 1970), but "The Sopranos" takes place in modern times, and you're the one who made the analogy. It's neither here nor there, anyway.

Turnbull knows much more about RICO than I do; I'm just going by what I read in Selwyn Raab's excellent "Five Families."

Can you help me out, TB?

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: pizzaboy] #579732
08/24/10 12:22 PM
08/24/10 12:22 PM
Stewartstown, PA
V
VitoC Offline
Capo
VitoC  Offline
V
Capo
Stewartstown, PA
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy

That analogy doesn't work, Vito. My contention was that Michael would have been legally responsible, and I still say he would have been.

You may be right from a legal standpoint, but logically it still doesn't make sense to me--unless Michael said something like "Do whatever it takes, I don't care what" beforehand.

Legal reasoning and common sense reasoning often conflict. For example, Jerry Capeci notes that Carmine Persico was convicted in the "Commission" case of participating in the killing of Carmine Galante (as if Galante's death was some kind of big loss anyway!) even though he actually voted against executing Galante. I don't think that anyone in everyday life would consider someone who voted against killing a person responsible for that person's subsequent murder.

Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: VitoC] #579737
08/24/10 02:29 PM
08/24/10 02:29 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

As I have posted elsewhere all this happened before RICO, so it would have been harder to pin Michael down in a court f law. HOWEVER there could have been a conviction based on circumstantial evidence for conspiracy or for Michael being an accessory before or after the fact.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: Lilo] #579740
08/24/10 02:40 PM
08/24/10 02:40 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Lilo
-ordered the suicide of a broken old man

That broken old man should have known better and had it coming. Also understandable.

Is see I read that too quick, so I misinterpret it as you meaning Roth, lol. But you meant Pentangeli and that was indeed a sad thing.

I felt the need to correct this, so my bad. smile

Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: VitoC] #579748
08/24/10 03:04 PM
08/24/10 03:04 PM
AZ
Turnbull Offline
Turnbull  Offline

AZ
[You may be right from a legal standpoint, but logically it still doesn't make sense to me--unless Michael said something like "Do whatever it takes, I don't care what" beforehand.

I believe that something like that happened in the case of the hooker:

I've always held that Michael would never have given Tom a blank check to have a US Senator implicated in a murder, even though he told Tom, "You're gonna be the Don." Geary was a regular at Fredo's brothel--and with that hooker ("...we done it be-FOE-wer..."). Either Fredo or the manager (the guy who looks like Gene Vincent) would have noted that, and would have gotten that info to Michael. He would have regarded it as gold. So, after the "oily hair/silk suit" rap, Michael probably turned to Tom and Neri and said, "Nail his ass the next time he shows up at that brothel."

Ntra la porta tua lu sangu � sparsu,
E nun me mporta si ce muoru accisu...
E s'iddu muoru e vaju mparadisu
Si nun ce truovo a ttia, mancu ce trasu.
Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: Turnbull] #579751
08/24/10 03:15 PM
08/24/10 03:15 PM
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

Originally Posted By: Turnbull
So, after the "oily hair/silk suit" rap, Michael probably turned to Tom and Neri and said, "Nail his ass the next time he shows up at that brothel."

Nah. He would have said. "You know about Geary's dalliances? You know he is a regular at Fredo's place?" To which Tom would reply, "Who should I use, Rocco or Neri?" And Michael would reply, "Neri. This will involve drugging the senator and brutally killing a young girl who has no involvement in any of our business. Neri is the more brutal one."

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: dontomasso] #579764
08/24/10 08:48 PM
08/24/10 08:48 PM
Sonny_Black Offline
Underboss
Sonny_Black  Offline
Underboss
I read somewhere that Neri was against hurting women?

Re: Agree or disagree with Michaels decision [Re: dontomasso] #579772
08/24/10 11:04 PM
08/24/10 11:04 PM
Stewartstown, PA
V
VitoC Offline
Capo
VitoC  Offline
V
Capo
Stewartstown, PA
Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Turnbull
So, after the "oily hair/silk suit" rap, Michael probably turned to Tom and Neri and said, "Nail his ass the next time he shows up at that brothel."

Nah. He would have said. "You know about Geary's dalliances? You know he is a regular at Fredo's place?" To which Tom would reply, "Who should I use, Rocco or Neri?" And Michael would reply, "Neri. This will involve drugging the senator and brutally killing a young girl who has no involvement in any of our business. Neri is the more brutal one."

I think the prostitute was drugged along with Geary, given that many other people were in that brothel, including in nearby rooms. The last thing they'd want would be for people to hear her screaming.

Also, while she certainly wasn't a gangster, I don't think it's completely accurate to say she was completely uninvolved in the Corleone family business. One of their activities was prostitution, and she was a prostitute who worked at one of the brothels.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull