Originally Posted By: Frank_Nitti
We need a president who's going to serve the needs of ALL Americans and I don't feel that's what we're getting from this President. I feel like he wants to take money away from hardworking selfmade Americans and give it those without. Slicing off a large piece of your fortune to give to the poor might not be a lot for these Ivory tower lefy elitists, but for the self made start-up hard working honest people of agriculture or manufacturing industries and small business owners of the middle class--the 'salt of the earth' people--it is a lot to give up a quarter, half, of what they have to those who can't seem to get anything for themselves.

I believe they said the same thing about FDR and his WPA.

What I believe this President has proven is that the economy is not as bad as people perceive. However, it is paralyzed. When he came up with the "Cash for Clunkers" program, it succeeded beyond anyone's imagination. When he offered tax credits to homebuyers, the residential real estate market zoomed upwards.

Therefore, people have the money, they're simply terrified to spend it. And I don't necessarily blame them, with all the doom and gloom in the media. But without the constant circulation of money, the economy never will improve. To paraphrase Woody Allen, the economy is like a shark. Without constant movement, you simply end up with something large, dead and very smelly.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club