Hey people, I just wanted to remind you that there is no article this week, as we are on Spring Break. There will be an article next week as usual.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you all a story of something that happened to me on the weekend. On Saturday, April 12th, I went to the Bally Total Fitness in Santa Ana to meet some guys from the Howard Stern Show, an event sponsored by 97.1 FM KLSX. As always, I love to go to these events, as they are what are referred to by extreme Stern fans as "brushes with greatness." I had met Gary before, but it was my first time meeting Stuttering John and Artie Lange.
I left an hour-and-a-half early so I would be one of the first in line, and I got to Santa Ana about a half-an-hour later. The Yahoo! Maps directions, however, were sub-par. There was no Bally Total Fitness at the location according the map! I was irate, so I stopped in a shopping center and asked for directions. The guy politely told me to go down one street and turn on another and it's right there, so I followed his directions and came across a Bally's Total Fitness. This, however, was the Tustin Bally's and not the Santa Ana one! I called 411 and connected with the Bally's where some girl employee told me to go down E. 1st St. and turn RIGHT on Bristol, to which I did. After I entered the city of Orange, I immediately sensed something was wrong. Cursing aloud and driving wrecklessly I called 411 again and was connected to the Bally's once again, where I was transferred about three times to someone who was familiar with driving directions. Apparantly, I was supposed to turn LEFT on Bristol, not right, as that dimwit had told me. I turned around and finally found it, and showed up about forty-five minutes after the event started. Luckily, there weren't many people there and the line wasn't that long.
I just thought I'd send everyone this little story, along with the pictures of me and the crew. I also met some more contacts from 97.1 FM KLSX and informed them that I would be interning for them starting June 2, to which they welcomed me aboard.
To see some of the pictures of me and the Stern Crew, go to http://www.marksfriggin.com/bwg/bwg24.htm .

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986