Hey everyone, just writing to let you know that there is an extremely weak response from a pacifist hippie in the 49er today. The funny thing with this letter to the editor (as well as most of them) is that it fails to address any points that I made in the article and focuses fully on my adjective use. I called it a "Communist Rally" jokingly, but of course, anti-war protestors don't see the satire in that. Anyway, you can read the letter at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n97-let.shtml (it's the second one that responds specifically to me, but the first one regards anti-war rallies in general, so you might want to read that one too).

By the way, I'd like to thank all of you that listened to me last night on Conway & Steckler on 97.1 FM. It was a surreal experience for me and I think the segment went pretty well, despite the fact that the people who disagreed with me didn't give me anything to challenge them on (in fact, the second anti-war caller that phoned in was anti-war at the beginning of the call and pro-war at the end!). Anyway, I'd also like to give a big thanks to Conway & Steckler themselves, who invited me on the show in the first place to voice my view! Thanks a lot guys, I really loved it!

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986