Greg Kelser said he believes Pistons president of basketball operations Joe Dumars and his staff are plotting a way to make the team's front line better before training camp starts.

Kelser spoke while spending part of Monday morning at Detroit Communication & Media Arts High School for a building makeover celebration.

"I think they will make a move before the start of training camp," said Kelser, the Pistons' TV color analyst. "There is still some strengthening on the front line that needs to occur, in my opinion. I think the backcourt is pretty strong. ... but the front line is where they were sorely lacking last year, especially with rebounding and scoring, low-post scoring.

"I think those are areas that still need to be attended to even though they did get a big fellow in the draft (Greg Monroe). He's a rookie and you never know what you can count on from rookies. I think he's going to be OK, but I think there's still some work to be done."

The addition of Monroe makes the group of Ben Wallace, Jason Maxiell, Jonas Jerebko, Austin Daye and Charlie Villanueva better, but the crew certainly doesn't strike fear into Orlando, Miami or Chicago.

In the backcourt, Kelser agreed that the Pistons still don't have a lead guard, but the talent available should suffice.

"I think everybody agrees with the consensus that a solid, true point guard would be helpful with all these scorers and shooters," Kelser said. "Will Bynum, when he comes in, he has the ability to distribute and get other people involved. ... He's a combo guard. Rodney (Stuckey) is a combo guard. I'm not too worried about it if that's where they find themselves in October, because I think all those guys can handle the point guard spot if called upon."

http://www.freep.com/article/20100803/SP...e#ixzz0vvV9Ajqy

"When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies but the pack survives."
Winter is Coming

Now this is the Law of the Jungleā€”as old and as true as the sky; And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.