GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (furio_from_naples, 1 invisible), 180 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,848
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,437
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,529
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,429
Posts1,060,842
Members10,349
Most Online911
May 23rd, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57900
03/25/03 09:27 PM
03/25/03 09:27 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

I think you are right, for the most part, the only thing I think is stupid about it is how you judged antiwar people by their academic career. If someone drops out in 9th grade, does that make them stupid? If he didn't complete college, is he an idiot? No, because MANY Americans drop out of school and it doesnt mean they don't have knowledge about anything, it just means they needed to get to stardom to make money, the cheap way. Otherwise, I agree.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57901
03/26/03 01:53 AM
03/26/03 01:53 AM
California
howardsternisgod Offline OP
Underboss
howardsternisgod  Offline OP
Underboss
California
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
If someone drops out in 9th grade, does that make them stupid?
Yes. Either way, my point is this: these people shouldn't be commenting on things they know nothing about! They haven't even had the fucking endurance to finish school for christsake! I can't believe you defend these idiots!!!

"Opinions are like buttholes...everyone has one and they all stink."
Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57902
03/26/03 02:03 AM
03/26/03 02:03 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

But you don't know what they know, you don't know what their IQ is. There are other sources of education then school. And look at George Carlin, he didn't finish high school, but he isn't stupid, is he? He seems to know a lot about history and english. Sure I think they are full of shit, but until you know for a fact their IQ is low, then don't run your mouth about them. You don't know if Cher truely is stupid. Oh and guess what? Not going to college doesn't mean your an idiot, ok?

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57903
03/26/03 10:43 AM
03/26/03 10:43 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
I think educational achievements and intelligence are not necessarily the same thing. There are a lot of people that never completed or attended college that would have to be considered intelligent, successful people (one of them founded a company responsible for operating the computers we are using now).

The link on the article seems to disparage acting as a less than admirable profession - does she share the same opinion about Ronald Reagan. (Has she seen any of Reagan's movies? Some of them in the "Bonzo" series were not the most compelling of Hollywood productions).

Last time I looked, Julia Roberts was commanding $15 million for a movie, and Jennifer Aniston was pulling down $1 million per episode. They may not have a piece of paper that gives them credibility and intelligence in the eye of Cindy Osborn, but you have to be pretty bright to command that kind of money for doing what they do.

Tha being said, I don't support what these actors are saying, but I also don't think their influence is that great. After all, anyone that would allow their opinion of domestic, foreign, or any other kind of policy to be influenced by actors is "stupid"!

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57904
03/26/03 10:03 PM
03/26/03 10:03 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Honestly, the whole education part was supposed to be somewhat satirical but it is true on many levels. Don Marco, I, for the most part, agree with what you said in your last post but of course there are exceptions, something I never disputed.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57905
03/27/03 08:10 PM
03/27/03 08:10 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, just writing to let you know that there is an extremely weak response from a pacifist hippie in the 49er today. The funny thing with this letter to the editor (as well as most of them) is that it fails to address any points that I made in the article and focuses fully on my adjective use. I called it a "Communist Rally" jokingly, but of course, anti-war protestors don't see the satire in that. Anyway, you can read the letter at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n97-let.shtml (it's the second one that responds specifically to me, but the first one regards anti-war rallies in general, so you might want to read that one too).

By the way, I'd like to thank all of you that listened to me last night on Conway & Steckler on 97.1 FM. It was a surreal experience for me and I think the segment went pretty well, despite the fact that the people who disagreed with me didn't give me anything to challenge them on (in fact, the second anti-war caller that phoned in was anti-war at the beginning of the call and pro-war at the end!). Anyway, I'd also like to give a big thanks to Conway & Steckler themselves, who invited me on the show in the first place to voice my view! Thanks a lot guys, I really loved it!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57906
04/01/03 02:19 PM
04/01/03 02:19 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Well folks, my article for today is a doosy, that's for sure! It's about a certain professional pathological liar who should be sent to an Iraqi prison camp...to read it go to http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n98-mic.shtml .

There's also a letter to the editor (second one on the page) in response to my "Dispelling Liberal Nonsense" article, as well as some others that don't specifically mention my article(s) but pretty much refute things I have already said. Notice that the last letter to the editor is from Seid Hourani who if you guys recall, responded in an extremely anti-Semitic fashion to my article on why the Palestinian cause is ridiculous...read them at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n98-let.shtml .

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57907
04/01/03 02:57 PM
04/01/03 02:57 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Hey Howie - I can't argue w/ you about Michael Moore! What a scumbag! mad

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57908
04/01/03 09:06 PM
04/01/03 09:06 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
JGeoff - It warms my heart that we finally can agree on something. wink

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57909
04/08/03 03:11 AM
04/08/03 03:11 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Well everyone, my latest article is up and posted on the 49er website, and I think it's a very interesting read. As many of you know, I listen to a lot of punk rock, despite the fact that I don't fully agree with much of the political sentiment uttered by many of my favorite bands...that said, I decided to write this week's submission on the ill-informed politics of punk rock. The article can be found at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n102-pun.shtml .

Note: Next week there will be no article as CSULB will be off for Spring Break, during which I will be on-call for jury duty...yay!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57910
04/08/03 03:31 AM
04/08/03 03:31 AM
Michigan
Hollywood Hagan Offline
Underboss
Hollywood Hagan  Offline
Underboss
Michigan
HSIG, your earlier comment about uneducated people being anti-war is directly conflicting with a previous comment: that all college students have to protest something, which for now is the war. Most college campuses have had demonstrations of some sort against the war. These people are educated at the highest level possible. Am I missing something?

Or are you just a miserable guy who believes he condescends everyone and everything? It is one thing to feel a certain way, but it must be rooted in some factual data. I think you are just a jerkoff who likes to stir up trouble by insulting people as much as possible. One way of doing this is by bringing out the educational failures of some people that do not share your views. Another way is by writing off people's beliefs as just a way to feel "cool". It is unfortunate that when these two things conflict, you sound like a fool.

To clarify things once and for all, who are the anti-war people: the stupid (uneducated), or the smart (educated)? Or could it just be that each individual decides for his own what he believes is right and wrong, regardless of your sterotyping? eek

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57911
04/08/03 07:31 PM
04/08/03 07:31 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hollywood Hagan - You don't seem to understand something here: I am BROADcasting, which means that I am speaking to a large audience. Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but I can't mention every single one of those exceptions, as, again, I am BROADcasting. Just to set the record straight though, there are a lot of stupid fucking people on college campuses...anti-war protests are prime evidence of this!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57912
04/09/03 08:48 PM
04/09/03 08:48 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Well, a letter to the editor was printed in today's paper in response to my "The Ill-Informed Politics Of Punk Rock" article, and let me just say, this is one hilarious read. This girl has completely missed the mark on what I was saying! To read her letter, go to http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n103-let.shtml . She says that the Michael Moore comment about how he just lies is ludicrous...I guess Emily conveniently overlooked my article last week on Michael Moore. She also said how she doesn't see how a man like Noam Chomsky, an orthodox Jew, would deny the Holocaust and she'd like to see my proof of that. Well, don't take my word for it, go to http://www.wernercohn.com/Chomsky.html .

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57913
04/15/03 07:57 PM
04/15/03 07:57 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey people, I just wanted to remind you that there is no article this week, as we are on Spring Break. There will be an article next week as usual.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you all a story of something that happened to me on the weekend. On Saturday, April 12th, I went to the Bally Total Fitness in Santa Ana to meet some guys from the Howard Stern Show, an event sponsored by 97.1 FM KLSX. As always, I love to go to these events, as they are what are referred to by extreme Stern fans as "brushes with greatness." I had met Gary before, but it was my first time meeting Stuttering John and Artie Lange.
I left an hour-and-a-half early so I would be one of the first in line, and I got to Santa Ana about a half-an-hour later. The Yahoo! Maps directions, however, were sub-par. There was no Bally Total Fitness at the location according the map! I was irate, so I stopped in a shopping center and asked for directions. The guy politely told me to go down one street and turn on another and it's right there, so I followed his directions and came across a Bally's Total Fitness. This, however, was the Tustin Bally's and not the Santa Ana one! I called 411 and connected with the Bally's where some girl employee told me to go down E. 1st St. and turn RIGHT on Bristol, to which I did. After I entered the city of Orange, I immediately sensed something was wrong. Cursing aloud and driving wrecklessly I called 411 again and was connected to the Bally's once again, where I was transferred about three times to someone who was familiar with driving directions. Apparantly, I was supposed to turn LEFT on Bristol, not right, as that dimwit had told me. I turned around and finally found it, and showed up about forty-five minutes after the event started. Luckily, there weren't many people there and the line wasn't that long.
I just thought I'd send everyone this little story, along with the pictures of me and the crew. I also met some more contacts from 97.1 FM KLSX and informed them that I would be interning for them starting June 2, to which they welcomed me aboard.
To see some of the pictures of me and the Stern Crew, go to http://www.marksfriggin.com/bwg/bwg24.htm .

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57914
04/21/03 04:42 AM
04/21/03 04:42 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Well folks, this letter to the editor doesn't mention me or any of my articles, but it sure does prove my point of how many of these college liberals are grossly uninformed and simply ridiculous. The letter can be found at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n105-let.shtml .
As always, I will post an update when my latest article hits papers on Tuesday!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57915
04/22/03 07:03 PM
04/22/03 07:03 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Well everyone, today there is not only an article but a response to a previous article of mine. For the new article, which is titled "Celebrities And Politics Make Strange Bedfellows," go to http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n106-cel.shtml . I am quite proud of this one and it is also pretty damn humorous.

As for the letter to the editor, I think this guy may actually have a point. He challenged a simple statement I made, which, may or may not have been totally factual. I am in the process of investigating it further, and if need be, I will send a correction to the editor. To read his letter, go to http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n106-let.shtml .

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57916
04/22/03 07:47 PM
04/22/03 07:47 PM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Great articles Howardinio, makes for good reading. Just want to let you know they're not being wasted on us.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57917
04/23/03 05:37 PM
04/23/03 05:37 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Originally posted by Turi Giuliano:
Great articles Howardinio, makes for good reading. Just want to let you know they're not being wasted on us.
Thanks a lot, Turi Giuliano, I really appreciate it...actually, your opinion matters more than you probably think, as you are from England, and many Brits would disagree with what I say!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57918
04/23/03 05:39 PM
04/23/03 05:39 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Originally posted by howardsternisgod:
Well folks, this letter to the editor doesn't mention me or any of my articles, but it sure does prove my point of how many of these college liberals are grossly uninformed and simply ridiculous. The letter can be found at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n105-let.shtml .
As always, I will post an update when my latest article hits papers on Tuesday!
There is a response to D. Tran's article in the Daily 49er today by one of my buddies, who is also in the College Republicans club (no, I am not in the club). My friend's letter to the editor tears apart D. Tran's article beautifully. Read it at http://www.csulb.edu/~d49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n107-let.shtml .

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57919
04/24/03 11:41 AM
04/24/03 11:41 AM
NJ
Don Marco Offline
Underboss
Don Marco  Offline
Underboss
NJ
Well everyone, today there is not only an article but a response to a previous article of mine. For the new article, which is titled "Celebrities And Politics Make Strange Bedfellows," go to http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n106-cel.shtml . I am quite proud of this one and it is also pretty damn humorous.

As for the letter to the editor, I think this guy may actually have a point. He challenged a simple statement I made, which, may or may not have been totally factual. I am in the process of investigating it further, and if need be, I will send a correction to the editor. To read his letter, go to http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n106-let.shtml .
Another interesting article, Howard. I think the problem that most of the celebrities have with our leaders boils down to one item - they are republicans. As for Spielberg and Castro talking for 8 hours; that is very believable. Given Castro's penchant for long speeches it probably takes him 15 minutes to say "hello" on the phone. I hope it was important to Spielberg because it involved movies and not his admiration for the man.

"After all, we are not communists"

Christopher Moltisanti: You ever think what a coincidence it is that Lou Gehrig died of Lou Gehrig's disease?

Tony Soprano: Yeah well, when you're married, you'll understand the importance of fresh produce.
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57920
04/24/03 09:00 PM
04/24/03 09:00 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Originally posted by Don Marco:
Another interesting article, Howard. I think the problem that most of the celebrities have with our leaders boils down to one item - they are republicans. As for Spielberg and Castro talking for 8 hours; that is very believable. Given Castro's penchant for long speeches it probably takes him 15 minutes to say "hello" on the phone. I hope it was important to Spielberg because it involved movies and not his admiration for the man.
Yes, unfortunately many of these celebrities disgust for the United States just boils down to the fact that they don't like Republicans. Furthermore, what these celebrities don't seem to realize is that their jobs are to put asses in seats, and if these people don't like what the celebrities are saying, their asses won't be in those seats and money will be lost.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57921
04/24/03 09:04 PM
04/24/03 09:04 PM
Iowantonia
joltinjoe05 Offline
Underboss
joltinjoe05  Offline
Underboss
Iowantonia
Furthermore, what these celebrities don't seem to realize is that their jobs are to put asses in seats, and if these people don't like what the celebrities are saying, their asses won't be in those seats and money will be lost.
I'm sure the Dixie Chicks realize that now. wink grin

It's all over now, baby blue

Where have you gone Joe 05, our board turns it's lonely eyes to you...
What's that you say Mrs. Stallionete, JoltinJoe has left and gone away...
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57922
04/26/03 02:10 PM
04/26/03 02:10 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Originally posted by joltinjoe05:
I'm sure the Dixie Chicks realize that now. wink grin
I guess it's better late than never, huh?

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57923
04/26/03 03:00 PM
04/26/03 03:00 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Originally posted by joltinjoe05:
[b]I'm sure the Dixie Chicks realize that now. wink grin
I guess it's better late than never, huh? [/b]
This is the cover of this weeks entertainment weekly. I guess they are in need of fans and fast. wink

[Linked Image]

Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57924
04/28/03 12:40 AM
04/28/03 12:40 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Well folks, I admit, I made a slight factual error. I said that Noam Chomsky has "publicly denied the Holocaust," something that I was called on in another letter to the editor from a professor at my school. I thank him for correcting my unintentional error and, as I always promote the truth about what really happened, I will do the best I possibly can to prevent this from happening again. Please read my letter correcting my error at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n109-let.shtml (it is the second letter on the page).

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57925
04/28/03 12:58 AM
04/28/03 12:58 AM
New Zealand
Anton The Penguin Offline
Underboss
Anton The Penguin  Offline
Underboss
New Zealand
Howard...I read through everything of yours and have changed my opinion about it. I may disagree with nearly everything you're said, but I cannot deny that you have an interesting way of writing. I enjoy your articles greatly!

Oh, and you and me share something to do with religion....

Continue!

-Penguin

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisioned
Only after the last fish has been caught

Then you will find that money cannot be eaten.
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57926
04/28/03 08:42 PM
04/28/03 08:42 PM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Anton The Penguin - First off, let me thank you greatly for your kind words, they really do mean a lot. It's perfectly fine to disagree with me on issues, as it makes an issue much more interesting to hear two sides (even if one is completely off)! What pisses me off is when people immediately blacklist me as a knee-jerk reaction to what I said! Many people can't learn to look beneath the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek comments in my articles and focus on the real points, what the whole purpose of the article is based upon. I thank you for the compliments and I am glad you can see the difference between hardcore points and sarcastic, funny comments.

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57927
04/29/03 03:42 AM
04/29/03 03:42 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
Hey everyone, this week's article is guaranteed to piss of a variety of groups ranging from human shields to Catholics to the handicapped...you have been warned. The article can be found at http://www.csulb.edu/%7Ed49er/archives/2003/spring/opinion/v10n110-hum.shtml . Enjoy!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57928
04/29/03 04:00 AM
04/29/03 04:00 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Many people can't learn to look beneath the sarcasm and tongue-in-cheek comments in my articles
Ger', it's good, but you don't seem to have enough room. You lay out what you want to criticize, but you never really get the space to actually say anything. It may not be your fault, I don't know. But reading these, I see the examples - lots of them - but I never really hear YOU, except just a tad in the intros. You gotta be more interesting, man, and quote yourself, rather than all the other assholes on this planet! Until then, there are no "sarcastic and tongue-in-cheek" comments, that're much noticeable to me...

PS and I saw nothing that "this week's article is guaranteed to piss of a variety of groups ranging from human shields to Catholics to the handicapped" confused

Just my 2c, and just trying to help...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: My Weekly Controversial Article In The Daily 49er... #57929
04/30/03 04:23 AM
04/30/03 04:23 AM
California
Underboss
Underboss
California
JGeoff - You say you never really hear me...what does that mean? What about all my little clever comments and assessments of situations following examples I give? Surely those are me talking. You see, JGeoff, I have to quote examples and facts, if I didn't do that all my articles would be full of simple rhetoric and conjecture, as are many of the liberal articles I see so often in not only the Daily 49er but everywhere! I know what you are saying but I have to disagree; furthermore, as we both acknowledge, I am limited as far as space is concerned, so that definitely plays a part in not being able to say everything I'd like to.
Either way, I value all praise/criticism, and I look forward to your suggestions in the future!

Howard Stern, circa 1986
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull