Originally Posted By: MaryCas
There is a Philly radio station that does a daily feature called "Rewind" where they do a this-day-in-history for showbiz. July 30, 1969, "Midnight Cowboy" was officially released in LA, (it had an earlier premiere in NYC) and 1972, "Deliverance". Coincidentally both starred Jon Voight. Two of my favorite all-time movies; great acting, great stories. Probably Burt Reynolds best acting. Voight was "discovered" in Midnight Cowboy and solidified his place in acting with Deliverance. Midnight Cowboy showed Hoffman's versatility after "The Graduate".

I remember Midnight Cowboy very well. Although a dark depressing story, Voight was great but I thought Hoffman was wonderful (I'm walking here") lol If I'm not mistaken it was (at first anyway) going to receive an "X" rating which was pretty strong, even during that time. Believe it or not, I've never seen the entirety of Deliverance. I've seen bits & pieces of it, and heard all about it from way back when.

I have a favorite radio station that is much the same with music "rewinds". I enjoy those kind of flashbacks.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon