Originally Posted By: Ronnie
I've noticed you like saying "all that" in this thread recently.
This week on "RRA's Cryptic Wit"...

confused

I wonder if you're negatively stimulated in response more to the hype about Nolan than about his supposed qualities (or detractions) as a director?
Yeah, the critical hype currently surrounding Nolan and his work has given me inclination to give him further attention. But that hype is directly related to his 'supposed qualities as a director', so any discussion in relation to that is obviously going to be directly related to those things. I'm not discussing his dress sense or facial expressions here, because there's no hype surrounding them therefore no need to engage in any criticism of them.

Or in other words, in responding to the 'hype' I'm unavoidably having to respond to the films themselves.

If people were coming out of seeing Nolan's recent films and saying, 'They're pseudo-serious pretentious action films with no genuinely intellectual engagement' (which his last two films have been, unquestionably), then I probably wouldn't feel the need to chip in my opinion other than to give approval of the consensus.

But because a lot of people aren't saying that sort of stuff, I feel obliged to speak out.

He may not be "all that" *fingers snap*, but he made a few movies I liked.
He's made a few I like too. What's your point?

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?